'98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't post on i-club much anymore. Mostly go there for Classifieds. I think my name is P-Funk there.

If you want to come find me on ClubWRX, my name is PoorAssRacing.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 19 2004, 11:28 AM
I don't post on i-club much anymore. Mostly go there for Classifieds. I think my name is P-Funk there.

If you want to come find me on ClubWRX, my name is PoorAssRacing.
[post=404701]Quoted post[/post]​

alright, i didnt know if they would give you any free shit for being referred

Just test drove it today. It drives nicely but the brakes squeak a bit and have rust on them, even though it has new calipers, rotors, and pads because its sat for like 2 months and rusted.

The inside was a lot dirtier than I thought and it has a small tear in the seat and one on the door panel. Shift knob all scratched up, a gay blue switch for a neon he used to have under the hood scoop, needs the back seat put in and is just dirty all around.

Also it has about 6 black blotches of paint like 4 inches by 4 inches of rust preventing paint. 2 where he removed the roof rack and like 4 more around the rest of the car.

I also found out that the car originally had performance heads, but after a girl hit him he had subaru put two new heads on it (i thought it only had one but he says it has two). The car also has a Weapon R intake on it.

The car doesnt actually have 80k on it, it has 85k.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to offer for it now. Maybe 5-5.5k

**first AWD car that I've driven though, felt smooth and nice.

Sounds like most of the problems are cosmetic- see if you can knock him down on the price a little though. Definitely compare to the Blue Book value and NADA price to make sure you're in the right range.

The Subarus do have two heads- all their engines are horizontally opposed, like a 180 degree V engine. Each head on that 2.5RS supports 2 cylinders.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 21 2004, 12:21 PM
Sounds like most of the problems are cosmetic- see if you can knock him down on the price a little though. Definitely compare to the Blue Book value and NADA price to make sure you're in the right range.

The Subarus do have two heads- all their engines are horizontally opposed, like a 180 degree V engine. Each head on that 2.5RS supports 2 cylinders.
[post=405643]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. Someone on another board said not to get it and what not but if it cleans up well and the price is right I think I want to get it, depending on what the mechanic says. I'm definately not going to pay 6k for it now, he was asking 7500... I may pay 5-5.5k and then have a couple extra bucks to have the car detailed.

blah

i test drove it on wednesday and was having him clean it up

but someone came and bought it on thursday.

Back