98/xp Question For You Guys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

ALright, I had a quick question for you guy out there that know your stuff. I was wondering how I can put both XP AND 98 on my PC at the same time with out using 2 diffrent hard drives? I know there are some 3rd party programs that do it for you. But I don't know the names of any. (saw it done meny times between NT & 95) Please let me know, basicaly I am wanting 98 back because of some games wont play on XP but they do however play on 98 and all earlyer versons. And all the new games wanna play on XP and not 98.....Also, I don't know where my disk is for XP Pro, But I do however have my 98 disk, but no start up disk....If you guys have any ideas. let me know....I am having an itch to play this damn game. let me know. THanks

All the new games that "require" XP really don't. XP is written off the same code as 98. I prefer 98 SE to this day because all the other operating systems are memory hogs, buggy or crap...just crap. I would load just 98 on your computer and I swear to you that all the "New" games will work nicely.

Also, What game are you installing???????

you need to make a new partition for best results

put 98 on first (or if its alredy there) and THEN xp. putting 98 over xp will cause xp to not work, as you need the boot.ini from xp/2k

Well I know you are all gonna laugh but carmageddon 2. Man I loved that game...at least I think I do! haha, but I can't get it to run in Win XP because it says it wont run under WIN NT everytime I install it.....ANy ideas? Because I would just keep XP on here if I could...rather than doing all the other crap.....but I dunno, any one else gotten this game to work for them?

XP and 98 are NOT the same kernel.

You should be able to play a "98 only" game on XP with no issues.

If you want to dual boot 98 and XP, get Partition Magic and run the Boot Magic utility. It's a great dual boot setup.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 12 2003, 11:34 AM
DOH! Finger slipped. :lol:

T28 maybe? The XP install can handle a T88, so it's a little faster. More lag on bootup though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROTFL :lol: :D

When I really need to boot up, I pop the bottle and hit that NAWWWWWWZZZZZ button on the front of my computer. It spools the turbo faster for more boost! Hell, what do you think the radiator on the top is for? It's really a big intercooler.

:lol:

Back