99-00 DX Hatchback K-swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRXRookie

I was thinking about buying a 99-00 Civic DX hatchback, cuz I really like the style, but of course, the power is lacking. So I was wondering if swapping in a K20A2 would be worth it? Has anyone on here done such a swap or know of such a swap? :blink:

In short no. You can get more power for less starting with the appropriate B series swap for the path you want and modifying it.

We have an FAQ post on this.

I have also been trying to do this swap but they do not make a mounting kit for it yet. I have a 97' hatch that I am trying but am waiting patiently for hasport or place racing to make the mount kit. The only way to get it in is to have custom mounting kit made. Like they said before it would be cheaper to swap the b series or h22. But if you have the money and patience then wait it out and hopefully soon they will cme out with the kit. At least thats what hasport told me when I caled and asked.

This swap makes absolutely no sense. You can go faster for less with a B or H series engine. The only "reason" that leaves is you want to be "different" or "unique". Kid, you drive a Honda. You are about as unique as a screaming 14 year old girl at an N-SYNC concert.

hehe, with no relation to this post, I might ad thats funny as hell!

eh different yes. Expensive yes. Budget smart, no.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 7 2003, 05:57 PM
This swap makes absolutely no sense. You can go faster for less with a B or H series engine. The only "reason" that leaves is you want to be "different" or "unique". Kid, you drive a Honda. You are about as unique as a screaming 14 year old girl at an N-SYNC concert.

Except that the K series will produce better results and in a few years be the new 'B' series. Don't be so short sighted.

Okay N00b, pull your head out ass for a sec. The here and now of it is this swap will cost you ~$10K. For that kind of money you should be in the 10's at the slowest. With a K series you won't be close.

I am going to laugh at anyone that swaps a K series for that kind of money and gets owned by everyone that spent the same amount on making their B or H series engine fast.

In a few years if and only if the price of these engines comes down and mounts are produced, etc. Only then will this swap be worthwhile.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 7 2003, 05:04 PM-->
@Jul 7 2003, 05:57 PM

Except that the K series will produce better results and in a few years be the new 'B' series. Don't be so short sighted.

would you like to enlighten us as to why the k series will produce better results?

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Jul 7 2003, 06:08 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 7 2003, 05:04 PM
lsvtec
@Jul 7 2003, 05:57 PM
This swap makes absolutely no sense.  You can go faster for less with a B or H series engine.  The only "reason" that leaves is you want to be "different" or "unique".  Kid, you drive a Honda.  You are about as unique as a screaming 14 year old girl at an N-SYNC concert.

would you like to enlighten us as to why the k series will produce better results?

...you know something is up when s2000 owners want the K series over everything else.

"Except that the K series will produce better results and in a few years be the new 'B' series"

Before you flame [lsvtec] you better pull your fucking head out of your ass and work on reading comprehension. I didn't say that for less money that it would produce better results at this period in time, I said in a few short years, if you wait it out the K series will have way more aftermarket parts and the results it yields will be much more cost efficient and greater than any other honda engine.

There *will* be more aftermarket support for the K series to come, just listen to the guy or anyone else who's researched into them...companies are developing the mounts and the swap is becoming more and more popular.

Wait, tell me again why you think anyone should listen to you? Do you have any proof to back any of this up? What S2000 owners want to go K series? I don't think anyone that knows anything about the F20C would want to convert to the K series. Where's the proof?

You are still skipping the real question: WHY??? If you can get better results in your B series ready chassis for less money, why would anyone want to do this swap? (If you say to be unique, we are all going to recognize you for a true moron)

I have always, and will always flame those that come on, post a wild claim with 0 proof, and then expect us to all just accept the "facts" coming out of your ass. Wanna try again?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 7 2003, 07:07 PM
Wait, tell me again why you think anyone should listen to you? Do you have any proof to back any of this up? What S2000 owners want to go K series? I don't think anyone that knows anything about the F20C would want to convert to the K series. Where's the proof?

You are still skipping the real question: WHY??? If you can get better results in your B series ready chassis for less money, why would anyone want to do this swap? (If you say to be unique, we are all going to recognize you for a true moron)

I have always, and will always flame those that come on, post a wild claim with 0 proof, and then expect us to all just accept the "facts" coming out of your ass. Wanna try again?

Start your ass back off to preschool.

Read my original post, begin to comprehend it, think real hard, take a real deep breath, think again, and then post.

"...in a few years..."

Are we still not grasping this concept or must I reiterate it for the 3rd time in this thread? I said that the results that the K series yields will be greater than the B series in a few short years; the ball has already started to get rolling and more and more people are swapping to K series and making K series aftermarket parts. I didn't state that right now, right at this second in time, that the K series will yield better results for less money.

...so I'll laugh my ass off when in the thread, somebody cannot completely comprehend or grasp a basic idea that I've already reiterated twice so far.

and why a s2k owner would want a K series engine is because if you have that kind of money to be dropping into the car and you're serious about racing it, you'll do it right. Get the engine will more potential and a better building block, rather than going with an engine that has zero torque and a lot of HP.

...you know something is up when s2000 owners want the K series over everything else.

How many S2000 have you seen with a k series in it???

Probably none.

Sorry but the K series is the "new B series" seeing that the last B series made its apperance in 2001 in the Integra.

How many S2000 have you seen with a k series in it???

Probably none.

Sorry but the K series is the "new B series" seeing that the last B series made its apperance in 2001 in the Integra.
"Sorry but the K series is the "new B series" seeing that the last B series made its apperance in 2001 in the Integra."

Thank you for reposting what I posted earlier... :rolleyes:

Except you have not said anything. In a couple of years, yeah great. What good does that do him now?

You keep laughing, but it is you inability to answer all but 1 questions posed that is funny.

By this idea that you call "logic" (and I use the term loosely) we should all be swapping Subaru STi engines in becase the after market is starting to embrace them. The swap (today incase you are too slow to figure out what really matters in this thread) would cost as much as the K series in his EK.

Your original post is not worth rereading. You say wait a few years, but guess what, in a few years a B series engine will still cost less, still swap in cheaper, still wire easier, still have more aftermarket support, and still make the same or better power numbers for less money. Wanna try again?

you keep saying 'in a few years' in a few years youll probably have a new project. the k series is a waste of money unless someone gave you one. RIGHT NOW you can get a b series and ANYTHING you need for it.

then, in a few years, when theres all this support you speak of for k series, go get yourself a new project, k series and all.

.o2

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 7 2003, 07:17 PM
Except you have not said anything. In a couple of years, yeah great. What good does that do him now?

You keep laughing, but it is you inability to answer all but 1 questions posed that is funny.

By this idea that you call "logic" (and I use the term loosely) we should all be swapping Subaru STi engines in becase the after market is starting to embrace them. The swap (today incase you are too slow to figure out what really matters in this thread) would cost as much as the K series in his EK.

Your original post is not worth rereading. You say wait a few years, but guess what, in a few years a B series engine will still cost less, still swap in cheaper, still wire easier, still have more aftermarket support, and still make the same or better power numbers for less money. Wanna try again?

Read the fucking post.

Did I say anything about now? No.

Don't read into shit, fucktard.

btw and you saying about the B series in a few years still being on top is like saying back in the 80's that computers wouldn't one day rule the world. Its asinine and naive. The B series will be phased out, get over it.

Wow, are you really that lame? Is that all you have?

Read the original post fucktard, he wants to know about now. Thank you, please drive through.

new2thecarscene: YOU ARE A FUCKTARD. B-series will always be the top in my view. you are basically saying the b-series is getting outdated, which is just fucking stupid. the b-series motors are t0 hondas what the 350 chevy motor is to the chevys. the k-series sucks, and i-vtec is for gas mileage. by the time the aftermarket supports k-series to its fullest, type-r's are gonna be going for 1000 bucks. I would take a type-r motor over a k motor anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back