99-00 Front End on EG hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No, that is not slick. it's gay. Maybe slick like the inside of a gay mans ass after a long night of despensing semen, but that's as far as that goes. The EK front end is fugly and that's that. That is all. kthxbye

I agree with hcivic.com. The guy didnt ask for any one to blast his opinion of what he think he would look nice. If you dont like it or think it would look gay, then dont do it yourself. (From Smonkeyboy-2. YOU need to leave the body the way honda made it. when you swap a motor, or upgrade your cams, or boost it, you actually do something worthwhile) What you may consider worthwhile may be something completely different from what he does, so Shut the f**k up. I personally agree with Smonkeyboy, I would go performance, but it isnt our car, so if you cant help him out on his original question, dont fuckin' post about it.

Wow, I would have never thought that that many people dont like the conversion. I see that around my town all the time. I think it looks sick. A SI front end on almost anything would look tight. I am not hating on nobody but I personally like the conversion. I could not help you with the parts needed because I have never done a conversion before.

A SI conversion on a Del Sol would be tight, never thought about that before.

I personally think that SI's have THEE CLEANEST looking front end of ANY honda.

Go for it! Do the conversion.

Smonkeyboy I have spent my money on performance already. I believe you should do the same.

"1. YOU specifically need to leave your car the way it is, since you obviously have no fucking idea of how to modify a car."

B16 Swap
Spoon Cams
Aem Camgears
Aem Intake
Crower Valvetrain
Ericks Racing ECU
DC Header
5Zigen Exhaust
Ground Control/ Tokico Struts
Si Wheels
:fuckyou:

By the way what are your "Performance Mods"??

not many, saving for Turbo RWD.

1. AEM intake
2. 2 1/4 custom Cat-back
3. neuspeed race springs.

but im only 18, broke, and in college, if i wasnt in school, it would be LS/T, but i am in school, and payin for it, so till then ill keep savin for the RWD and be driftin before next winter, while you will be sitting there tellin your boyfriend how cool your new headlights are.

i retract my statement about you not knowing how to mod a car, but still stand 110% behind the fact that the EK front would look ghey on a EG. its totally pointless. if you can give me three justifiable reasons why its not gey and pointless then go ahead and try.

BTW i didnt see any answers to my questions.

ohh.. wait thats not my car.... i drive a black civic with a Spoon Engine, T-66 turbo with nos, and a MoTeC system exhaust.

P.S. whered you go :p and i havent seen answers to my questions yet???

Originally posted by Sirhc2013@Mar 4 2004, 11:15 AM
Smonkeyboy I have spent my money on performance already. I believe you should do the same.

"1. YOU specifically need to leave your car the way it is, since you obviously have no fucking idea of how to modify a car."

B16 Swap
Spoon Cams
Aem Camgears
Aem Intake
Crower Valvetrain
Ericks Racing ECU
DC Header
5Zigen Exhaust
Ground Control/ Tokico Struts
Si Wheels
:fuckyou:

By the way what are your "Performance Mods"??

Well, if you were smart, you would have gone with not AEM cam gears because they are ghey three bolts that are prone to slippage and if they do, can slip up to ten degrees. Also, you would have gotten a better header because DC is phucking homo-riffic. At least the JDM ITR unit or better. I think this is just another B18C_NA dream list. I'd like to see dyno charts please.

What do I need to do to make this work.

You see this folks? This is the first line of his original post.
It isn't "Hey guys I'm thinking about doing such and such and i want to know if you think its ghey or not"

Last time i checked a forum is for posting q&a and getting some kind of half decent help or knowledge. If all you have to say is "I think that's ghey." or "I think thats cool." what the fuck is the point in posting? This fellow member of HS wants some advice for doing a swap to HIS car. Not yours. Fucking flamers. And btw, I'm not going to post my personal opinion on his swap, because my opinion doesn't fucking matter! Let him do what he wants to.

A friend of mine did a 97 front end on his 94 si. So heres your parts list:
ek Bumper
ek Headlight assemblies
ek Hood
ek & eg fenders (that you dont mind cutting)
complete ek front support

As to the fabrication : hood will bolt up, fenders need to be cut roughly in the middle and welded together, headlight assemblies will bolt into the new support, but the support has to be custom fabbed to fit properly. I've heard of people using the top ek half and welding to the bottom eg half but this results in usually an ugly gap. I'm not sure but i think a little custom wiring needed for the headlights. I would think just cut the sockets out of the eg and splice in the wires from sockets for the ek.

good luck, and post pics!

Im helping some1 out with the same conversion, i the EK fenders have a like a crease along the fender, while the EG ones dont? im still trying to figure out a way to make it look clean, without the crease, i would really like to see some pics if anybody has done it, to each his own right? thanx

Originally posted by AlphaCivic@Mar 17 2004, 02:54 AM
What do I need to do to make this work.

You see this folks? This is the first line of his original post.
It isn't "Hey guys I'm thinking about doing such and such and i want to know if you think its ghey or not"

Last time i checked a forum is for posting q&a and getting some kind of half decent help or knowledge. If all you have to say is "I think that's ghey." or "I think thats cool." what the fuck is the point in posting? This fellow member of HS wants some advice for doing a swap to HIS car. Not yours. Fucking flamers. And btw, I'm not going to post my personal opinion on his swap, because my opinion doesn't fucking matter! Let him do what he wants to.

A friend of mine did a 97 front end on his 94 si. So heres your parts list:
ek Bumper
ek Headlight assemblies
ek Hood
ek & eg fenders (that you dont mind cutting)
complete ek front support

As to the fabrication : hood will bolt up, fenders need to be cut roughly in the middle and welded together, headlight assemblies will bolt into the new support, but the support has to be custom fabbed to fit properly. I've heard of people using the top ek half and welding to the bottom eg half but this results in usually an ugly gap. I'm not sure but i think a little custom wiring needed for the headlights. I would think just cut the sockets out of the eg and splice in the wires from sockets for the ek.

good luck, and post pics!

At least someone gets what the board is about. If the was in a non tech section, fine flame away, but all the guy did was ask how it could work not if you like it or not.

Some of these guy are retarted! I have a 95 hatch with a 2000 si conversion. I got it back from the paint shop 3days ago (bmw m3 color laguna seca blue). It takes alot of time. I got my directions from.....http://www.cardomain.com/id/hatchbackproject.
So it can be done, has been done and looks f*cking cool!!!!!!!

what you need...
1. 2000 hood
2. (2) 2000 fenders
3. 2000 si grill
4. 2000 bumper cover
5. 2000 si lip
6. a pair of headlights (your pick).....aftermarket?
7. a bumper support
8. a radiator support
9. a shit load of time
10. all the parts can be bought for $225.00 usd or less at www.certifit.com

ps: I'll have pics next week for the asses above!

Turbocrazy2

Back