99 accord coupe idling/choking issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nikhil

:(
I bought this 99 accord 5speed coupe ages ago with a blown f23 engine. it came with bunch of gauges (temp, vaccum, fuel air ratio, tech, even a APEXI VAFC)
i swapped it with a JDM f23 engine and swaped out the intake mainfold from the old one.
the issues im having with this engine are, when i startup the engine it revs between 800 1300 rpm's when it gets warmed up and soon as u depress the gas pedal the engine dies, i have chased all wires checked all wire harness, the car also burns really rich, i have spent countless number of hours trying to figure what the problem coud be, last weekend i removed the throttle body to get the TPS and MAP checked out hopefully its either one of them i also bought a fuel pump from e bay for the same car, some people say its TPS, IACV MAP fuel pump fuel relay ignition, please direct me to what the problem really is im desprate in getting this car back on road.

:(
I bought this 99 accord 5speed coupe ages ago with a blown f23 engine. it came with bunch of gauges (temp, vaccum, fuel air ratio, tech, even a APEXI VAFC)
i swapped it with a JDM f23 engine and swaped out the intake mainfold from the old one.
the issues im having with this engine are, when i startup the engine it revs between 800 1300 rpm's when it gets warmed up and soon as u depress the gas pedal the engine dies, i have chased all wires checked all wire harness, the car also burns really rich, i have spent countless number of hours trying to figure what the problem coud be, last weekend i removed the throttle body to get the TPS and MAP checked out hopefully its either one of them i also bought a fuel pump from e bay for the same car, some people say its TPS, IACV MAP fuel pump fuel relay ignition, please direct me to what the problem really is im desprate in getting this car back on road.

actually it was a TPS and IACV issue i bought a throttle body form junkyard swapped it on my car. the chokeing issue was resolved however the isling/fluctuation in rps was still there so i changed the IACV and she runs smooth

Back