1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 Civic auto to manual plus 2001 GSR swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by alEXej8, May 4, 2009.

1. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

Need your help HS: I've been searching and searching all across the web. Every honda web site, google, and beyond. I've read all of your FAQ's on swapping B-series into civic's as well as countless other FAQ's on other sites aswell. Everyone of them have helped but i still have a few more questions that have gone unanswered.

Here's the details:
    The Car:
    1999 Honada Civic Ex
    its an Automatic
    The Motor:
    B18c1
    came our of a 2001 GS-R that was wrecked in the front. (got totaled)

I'm doing a swap with an auto to manual conversion.

1. The 2001 ecu has an immobilizer in it, If i carry the GSR key with me will i need to disable the immobilizer so it can start? (I'm asking this becasue i assum the GSR key has a chip it it.) Reason i'm asking is because i would like to pass inspection and in my state is all throught the OBD-2 port. so the check engine light can't be on.

2. The 2001 GSR distributor plug. (the large 10-pin one). My civic has the smaller plug with i think 7 wires . How would i go about converting one to the other? Neither of the wires are the same colors so i can't just depin them and match them up.

I think thats it for now. These are the only few things that are keeping my from finishing the swap. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

-Alex

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted