99 civic dx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jspeceg

ok here it is. i have a 99 civic dx. i bought a semi built y8 motor for a really good price. here is the problem: do i modify the existing dx harness and run wires for the knock sensor and vtec and modify for iacv, or do i just get a y8 harness? now, the only draw back i can tell with a y8 harness, is that there is no secondary o2 wiring on it, because it runs through the car and through the floor board on the ex and si's. how do i compensate for that?

Originally posted by jspeceg@Dec 15 2004, 11:28 AM
ok here it is. i have a 99 civic dx. i bought a semi built y8 motor for a really good price. here is the problem: do i modify the existing dx harness and run wires for the knock sensor and vtec and modify for iacv, or do i just get a y8 harness? now, the only draw back i can tell with a y8 harness, is that there is no secondary o2 wiring on it, because it runs through the car and through the floor board on the ex and si's. how do i compensate for that?
[post=432510]Quoted post[/post]​

people will always say use ur stock harness and modify as needed - best way to go -

Originally posted by jspeceg@Dec 15 2004, 11:28 AM
[post=432510]Quoted post[/post]​

well first thing you should really use your stock harness, just add the vtec wires to harness
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41608

use the article there for that, second there is no knock sensor for a single over head cam engine if i am not mistaking. i am almost pretty dam sure there isn't
third you are going to need this for your IAVC
http://technet.ff-squad.com/
it will show you right on the website how to do the wiring
for your o2 sensor just cut one wire at a time and extend it so you can reach your cat or go thur your car remove the rug and go from there fairly easy to do just do your self a favor and cut one o2 wire at a time so you don't confuse the wires i hope this helps you

ok. so i will use the stock harness and modify as necessary. thanks for the input.

Back