99 civic ex swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFFreddYYY

hey...i just bought a 99 civic.....im looking to do a swap but i really dont noe what im getting into.....im looking for an engine that i cud put a turbo on and that cud be a daily driver....could someone please let me in on some websites and maybe some ideas of what i should do....what engine i should go with...and how much and just everything lol.....id really aprecciate it.....thanks for your time

websites would be greatly appreciated

thanks =)

You need to do some research.

Set a power goal, and build for it. Don't just say I'd like an engine swap. Thats too broad.

How much power are you looking to get?
You say daily driver, but that has alot of different meanings. I've seen 500 whp Civics that are daily driven.

i need a daily drive...sumthing that is quick also....ppl have been telling me to go with a b18 or k20....idk what to go with

What's your definition of quick? Like 14 seconds or 10 seconds? Maybe 12 seconds?

14 seconds is better than 20
12 seconds is quick
10 seconds is fast

If you want a daily driver that's relatively quick compared to other traffic on the streets...I'd say you're fine with the d16y8 you got there. Just get a bolt-on turbo kit and tune for say...250 whp MAX. That'll be quick for daily commute.

Back