99 Civic Ex Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d15bcivic99

Ok i have a 99 Civic automatic,,,I have found a swap but nobody can give info on,,,I found a JDM D15B Vtec E with a 5 Speed Tranny...Here is the questions I have will this work in my car, Will my stock wiring harness work with a obd2-obd1 harness. Will my y8 head work on this engine and will the tranny axles work on this model civic?

Thanks in advance

yea with a little modding but the d15b vtec e is not worth it unless its a 3 satge vtec

well i would just buy a obd2 d15b vtec that way the wires will match othere than that depending on what motor you get you may have to wire it up a little you got to change the driver side motor mount out,with the new motor and dont change the head unless its a vtec e they suck but a regular d15b vtec the head is better than a y8 what part of bama are u in

wow dude just call trackmasters, im just a few miles from ya..the regular d15b heads is much better

D15..wow.....I thought my D16Y8 is bad..however, if you're gonna get any D15, get the one from the '99 Civic VTi EG4. It's pullin 3 more horse than my D16Y8, it's at 130 hp.

um..hmm..are you planning on converting from an automatic to a manual along with doing the engine swap?

cause there really is no point in dropping a more powerful engine into an automatic..it's just hell waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Back