1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 Civic Ex

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 99' Civic Ex, Sep 27, 2007.

1. 99' Civic Ex

99' Civic Ex New Member

Hey everyone, I have a 99' Honda civic ex, and I am planning to be swapping to a more powerfull engine soon after I finish the body work. What engine would you all recommend for the most power, but to where it wont need much modification done to my car.

Thanks in advanced~

2. formby

formby learning in progress

you had to make this your first post?

what are your goals and how much money you have AT THIS INSTANT?

3. 99' Civic Ex

99' Civic Ex New Member

Well I just found this place today through google, and just havent took a look around much yet.

I drive the car daily to college and work, and just want more power than the engine it gots now. But like I said I want an engine that can go in fairly easy, without major modification. I do not have the money at the moment to put in it, but I will in the spring sometime, and I just want to know ahead of time so I can start looking for an engine to put in it after I get the body work finished.

4. formby

well. you have no money and no stated savings plan or idea of how much you can save in X months...

great thread.

the best set up for a mild NA build for mostly drag in my opinion is an H2B swap. search around

you get 2L+ and great gearing with out sleeving a B.

5. formby

never mind youll probably want PS, AC and the h2b kit wont allow for them...

6. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

Search Button > You.

If this is your daily, You don't want an engine swap period. you'd want a $500 beater car, THEN an engine swap so when the car is outa comession for a month while you square away your engine swap you can still get to school.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted