1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 civic hood wont close

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by B18CIVIC, Sep 19, 2006.

1. B18CIVIC

B18CIVIC Junior Member

Well I hit a pothole the other day and when i got out i noticed my hood was popped up slighty, so i tried to close it and there was barely any tension when i pulled the hood release, to open the hood, so finally i kept jiggling it and it popped up enough to open the hood. But didnt notice anything. So i removed the bumper/grill to see what was going on, and tried to adjust the latch, but still hood wouldnt close properly. And I dont know if the cable is strecthed, latch is messed up or even possibly the hood is bent somehow? When i push down on it i hear the latch click twice but it wont stay at the second click.

Anyone have this problem b4, Im hoping its just the cable being strecthed out, but i cant tell.

Any Advice would help, thanks

2. B18CIVIC

B18CIVIC Junior Member

Nobodys had this problem?

3. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Sounds like a bent radiator support-bar thing. Pull it UPwards a little bit.

4. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

Cable break possibly?
    or theres a spring in the latch mechanism too..it may of popped out. the spring would provide tension for the cable. but if the cable broke, you wouldnt have been able to pop it with the handle inside. take a good look at the latch/mechanism

5. B18CIVIC

B18CIVIC Junior Member

thanks for the help guys ill try to bend the suppurt bar and look at the latch better.

6. B18CIVIC

B18CIVIC Junior Member

I looked at the support thing an i noticed it was basically smashing the radiator, but it didnt crack, so im not sure what i should bend, the support that was almost smashing the radiator or the two circular things that hold the bottom of the radiator? And is there any good points to pry it up cuz that shit barely budges?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted