99 Civic SI (B16A2) into 99 CX... Help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JRSCB16ARipster

Hi,

I just purchased a 99 SI engine (B16A2) and want to swap it into my 99 Civic CX. I have the motor, tranny, shift linkage, axels, motor mounts, ecu, and a cut wiring harness.... all from the 99 SI. I've never done an engine swap and was wondering what do I need to use and do to complete this swap.... Thanks for any help.

if should be a fairly simple swap, almost drop in if the b16a2 you've purchased comes with all the mounts and sensors. I'd recommend you buying a 99-00 ex harness or a si harness if you have the money, because trying to wire back the cut harness'll be a pain.

see references/faqs section for more help.

use your stock harness, you just need to run the 2 vtec wires and knock i believe (not sure if cx motor came with knock sensor)

:doh:

:withstupid: :werd: :ditto:
obd2 CX motor have knock sensors, and yes the CX harness is the way to go, I misread your post.

Thanks "word" .... So, I'll be able to use my CX wiring... Nice... Do you happen to know what additional wires I'm going to need? I want this to be an extremly clean setup... Like factory... Do you know what mounts I need to use... I have pretty much everything from the SI... I wasn't sure what I was going to need, so I took everything I could. Thanks again. Oh ya...do you know of any links with step by step instructions to do this specific swap... This is going to be my first swap, and I don't want it to look like it was :D

Just take your time on the swap and everything will look nice.

About the swap, easy as 123...

Just take the cx motor out, and go backwards of removal with the new motor!(and a little wireing)

For the mounts, you need the rear tranny mount from the SI.

additional wires are for vtec.

i believe there are 3? one for vtec ground, one for vtec solenoid and one for vtec oil pressure. You just run the wires through the firewall along with the wiring harness, tape it up with electrical tape for that clean appearance.

you do not need ANY mounts since the engine's going from a civic to a civic.

gluck.

link for the swap:
https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=46

Thanks "noobvang" & "word".... I'm going to purchase the maintance stuff this weekend... Timing belt, water pump, plugs... etc... Hopefully I'll start the swap by the end of the month... Thanks again!

Back