99 civic si gsr swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

116matt

i have the opportunity to buy a gsr shortblock for 300 hundred bucks. im not sure if any of the parts from my b16a2 will substitute for whats missing. and would it be worth the trouble.
thanks for any help.

Depending on the condition of the block....its not that great of a deal. But it (GSR block) will replace the bottom of your B16 no problem. Not sure of the compression but I know its fine (in terms of danger of piston/valve and octane needed)

what are somethings that i should look for on the block to see if its a good motor. so ur saying everything should bolt up but ur not sure if the compression would match?

With the b16 head you will get more compression out of the motor. be sure to look at getting an aftermarket intake from like skunk2 they are the best one that replicates that of a ctr. It will match up great just be sure NOT to put the head gasket on backwards!!! Good deal by the way! I paid 700 for a B18C1 with tranny and ecu.

Back