1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 civic... what year manual trans would fit?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hcivic9999, Apr 9, 2004.

1. hcivic9999

hcivic9999 Junior Member

i'm looking to swap a manual transmission into my 99 civic ex (currently auto). what year tranny off another civic could i use to do the swap. i'm new to hondas.

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Probably any 5 sp that came in an EX 96-00...I don't think you can put a b series tranny on a d motor.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

either an EX or a del Sol SI tranny are your best bets because they are the shortest gearing for the d-series. If you go with a CX or DX tranny, your gearing will suck. 75 in 2nd gear is never fun.

Remember when doing this swap, your going to need an aftermarket top tranny mount to make up the diffrence.

4. BseriesKllR

BseriesKllR Senior Member

well any 92-00 d-series tranny cause your prolly wanna put a hydro tranny in.

5. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

i have a 99 ex, and when i did my swap i used a 97 dx tranny but you should get an ex or si tranny to start instead of doing it then swapping tranny's later.
    i got all of my mounts, clutch assembly and brake pedal, and master cylinder from find used parts .

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted