99 civic wont crank, and fuel pump doesnt engage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efkyle

ok so im working on my buddies 99 civic ex. i put a jdm b16 in it but before i recieved it to do the work the head on the original y8 was off cause some retarded garage mech. anyways i turned the ignition to on to see if the fuel pump worked and nothing. so i do the swap and still the same thing wont even crank, replaced the main relay same thing ckecked and sanded allgrounds to metal checked thermostat ground everything is good. it had an alarm that i disconnected and reconnected all essentials. i need help thanx

seem like u covered about all of it , is the fuel pump itself getting any fire? that bout the only thing left i see to chk.

no not on its own but the only reason i havent is because its not cranking either so im assuming they are the same issue cause it doesnt matter if i have fuel and it doesnt crank :) thanx man

oh ok i got ya man. your welcome . hmm u didnt mention but, is it firing?

Its not cranking at all man and also just so everyone knows I'm using a jdm p2t but it did the same thing with the stock p2p so prolly not the computer either

oh ok dude i had one the other day i was working on and it wouldnt crank he wanted me to change his fuel pump and everything that controls it, i chkd to c if it was and it wasnt, saved him alot of money lol.. good luck bro

ya man, thats cool, anyways if you think of anything lemme know later

ya it doesnt turn over at all and its had a two starters in it the stock d and now the b16 i dont think thats it ill try again though maybe the fuel pump and two starters are bad :( very skeptic though i have a feeling it has something to do with the main relay or its wiring but i cant figure it out

ya it doesnt turn over at all and its had a two starters in it the stock d and now the b16 i dont think thats it ill try again though maybe the fuel pump and two starters are bad :( very skeptic though i have a feeling it has something to do with the main relay or its wiring but i cant figure it out

oh dang bro i misread the initial post, sorry i thought it was turnin over but wouldnt crank, my bad.

check some continuity with the starter. You need to make sure its getting power and once it turns.....we can go from there

the positive to the starter is getting power i havent checked the lead from the ignition at the starter cause i dont have anyone to turn the key i will today and get back thanx

i checked the ignition wire on the starter and its a ground when key off then it gets a little power when key is on and full power with key in the start position

well i feel like an idiot after everything the one ground i didnt check from subframe to tranny was loose wow thanx for everyones help and all i can say is check once check twice and check again rookie ass move lol thanx again

not to treads jack but im havin the same problem but mine still wont start.....

Back