99' CX with B16a, what harness?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

subbshop

I just swapped in a JDM B16 with the P73 ecu and harness from a 98'. After I swapped the motor in and went in to plug the ecu there was an extra plug coming from the harness underneath the dash that could not go anywhere.

I swapped back in my 99' CX harness and realized that it is not plug and play into JDM b16, distributor plug is different, and some sensors look like they will need to be lengthened.

What should I do? Swap back in the 98' harness and get the underneath dash harness from my donor car? Get a 99-00 si harness or 99-00 ex harness? I already have the conversion harness for a OBD2B to OBD2A ecu.

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

generally with a 6th gen you just modify the stock harness and add wires where needed

never played with a 6th gen personally though so i am not sure what is specifically required

you have to get a obd2 si or gsr harness modify it to work and do you have a obd1 p72? those have 3 pugs

dizzy wires are not the same color and I have a P73 (type-r ecu). I think I need to swap for an ex harness or si. I'm tempted to swap the harness underneath the dash from my 98' to my 99'

Back