99 ek or 94 eg?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shahzzy

noob
Ok, I'm having a hard time deciding the following.
Stick with my plan of swapping a d16z6 into my 94 eg or buy a 99 SI ek coupe.
I don't like the look of the EG but many people go for the hatch for some reason.
Any reasons why the EG is so popular?
And any info on the 99 civic SI ek?
like what motor etc.
And someone please explain the following:
EK, EG, EM, EM1, EG6, i dont really understand them, all i know is EG is the 92-95 hatch
and also OBD-OBD2

If you have agood deal on a coupe and you like it better go that way .

one reason for the hatch , is soooooooooo many parts for it , i am pretty sure more different part are available for it than any othe model .

as for obd its just On board Diagnostics ,On board Diagnostics 1,On board Diagnostics 2a,
On board Diagnostics 2b all are different computer system that monitor the cars performance, look for problems , and record troubles

ek, eg, em .em1 , eg6 for example eg6 is a 1992 to 1995 dual over head cam 1.6 hatch . see the link for more info
Honda Civic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ok i got the civic chassis codes now, but if i get a civic em1 will i have trouble finding parts rather than the civiceg? or is it just that the eg has ALOT of parts?
and is the b16a2 a good motor? because thats what the 99 civic SI some with.

there are more parts foe an eg than an em1 99si , but pleanty of parts can be found for the em1 , the b16a2 is a great engine , with lots of room to grow , either will make great daily drivers , if you think you found a good deal on the em1 buy it ,

Back