99 ek with ls vtec problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

solobomber

hello everyone
ok so heres my story. recently i build a ls vtec motor using a b18a1 block and a b16a2 head also a gsr tranny. im running the obd2 si ecu. heres the problem with my motor it started just fine but with high rpms and it wont idle for jack squat. Its not showing any engine code what so ever until i unplug a sensor. i by passed the crank angle senser re wired the distributor but i broke my knock sensor :mad: and its currently not plug in can anyone give me some ideas to where the problem might be at:(

so now i found the problem i use a code scanner and the scanner is throwing p0505 iac system. ive checked the iacv but nothing idk what else to look for help

try replacing the idle air control valve, or clean it, and if you have time, clean out the intake manifold, throttle body, and intake sensors...

you can clean the iac with simple carburator cleaner just make sure you dont misplace any of the little screens or rubber seals that tend to pop out

i just fixed the same problem .:FFS TechNet:.
use this link and scroll down to the OBD2 A or B and do the three-wire IACV repin

i had a high ideal and the CEL was coding for a IAC problem did this wire switch this morning and it dropped the ideal down and it's been running great all day
hope this helps

you will blow that engine if you keep using that ecu.
buy a chipped p28 or = and have them remove all the sensors you can (if you dont ref)

In any state it is hard to get it smogged by tailpipe instead of plugin for obd2. However if you ask some garages are happy too and it is legal. Run obd1 and unless your in cali keep looking for a garage that will tailpipe it for you.

Back