99 EM1 -> 00 JDM B18c emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

6gSI

I have a 99 SI with a previously swapped 00 B18C.
Normally i run a p28 ecu; runs great, no cel, blah blah blah. But for emissions, I had to get a OBD2b ecu.

I just recently bought a p73 USDM ecu, had the immobilizer removed and did the fuel pump pin swap and got the car up and running. I had some issues with some pin connections at the ecu but i thought i had them all fixed.

Went to the auto parts store today and used their scanner for the CEL that came up and i got the following codes:

P1457 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Control System Leakage (EVAP Canister System)
P0136 02 Circuit Bank 1, Sensor 2
P0137 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage
P0170 Fuel Trim
P0172 Fuel system too rich

I have a home-brew oil catch can on my car, which never threw the P1457 code when i used a p2t ecu to pass emissions the first time. But i dont remember there even being a sensor on the evap canister. so im wondering why it would throw a code with this ecu, and if there is a work around?

my tabs have been up for nearly a month now and i need to pass emissions before i can get them, so ANY help is good help.

Anyone have a similar setup / problems? Im sure there is information that i havent posted that can help, but i think ive covered everything.

Help me plz!

Back