99 EX Engine swap Qst?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

burly

I've had my 99 EX for 3 months. i bought it off of a private seller which looked to me that they took care of it. Well i guess the didn't change the oil like they should have. So on my way home the bearing goes on a piston rod. I am looking for a new motor and have been told to do an engine swap. Im a newbie at this but always wanted to get into Autocross with some friends. What Motor should i put in it?

What kind of racing/driving do you want to do with the car? How much money are you willing to spend?

whatever it costs to get a new motor put in. suspension mods. motor mods. I live not to far from TireRack.com so i will prolly be driving the car pretty hard some times once i get into autocross next summer. i planning on putting quite a bit of money into it before next spring.

That's really not much of an answer. You can spend under $1000 and get another D series engine dropped in, or you can spend over $10k and have a really crazy naturally aspirated engine that will rev to 10k and rattle your eyeballs. Up to you.

Im looking to have a N/A motor that revs to 10k and im wondering how to get there. I was told to drop maybe a B18 or H22 motor in it. But im new at this stuff and trying to learn.

If you want the best N/A power, you're going to want to build a K24/K20A2 hybrid. It's not cheap though.

and you got 8k to spend by spring. damn. i don't have 800 to spend by next christmas. well since money is no object go ahead with the K24

with a B16 or B18 what kind of problems could i encounter. I already know im gonna need a new ECU. And prolly motor mounts.

you're gonna need a tranny, new wiring etc. i know there is a how-to somewhere on this site. just search it and you should find all the answers

Back