1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99' EX front end

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by weggies4life, Apr 29, 2008.

1. weggies4life

weggies4life New Member

when im drivin down the road i hear a rattle like somethings lose and cant figure it out it does it worse when i turn the wheel to the left

is it my cv joints??

2. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Why not take it to a shop and have them inspect it? Most shops will do it for free these days. Either that or put it on jack stands and get underneath it and look for yourself.

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If it's worse when you turn the wheel, then yes, it's likely that it could be the CV joints. Like LS_VTEC said though, you should just get the car inspected (or do it yourself if you know what you're looking for)...

4. weggies4life

weggies4life New Member

no i never done cv joints on anything thats why im askin ya'll cuz if i new how to do it and what to look for i woudnt be asin anyone bout it

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You probably need to take it somewhere then. It sounds like it could be a CV joint, but I can't say for sure just from your description. You can try putting the car up on jack-stands and looking at the axles. If the rubber boots on either of them look damaged or torn, then that's probably what it is...

6. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Yes, many shops will do a "free maintance inspection" You dont have to buy whats needed from them but you will know whats wrong, then you can shop around for the lowest price, if not do it yourself. I loved doing them, so easy, bring the car in, see whats wrong, write it down and back it out.

7. weggies4life

weggies4life New Member

ya thats true but what i also think it may be is my HUB im going to put it on stands tomorow because im installin an exhaust and im gonna see if the tire moves up and down and check the cv

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted