99 ex needs B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltsir1

my buddy has a 99ex and I am joing to put a b16 in his car I could use any
tips i can get

ok b16 in a 99 ex is the same set up as the 99-01 si , if it stick u can use all your stock mounts and brackets if an auto ur gona have to get all the mounts and brackets from a 99-01 si

i take it you've never done this before?

read the reference section.

Originally posted by coltsir1@Dec 17 2003, 09:01 AM
I need wiring info mor than any thing

does anyone know if hasport will modifiy stock harnesses

You don't need to modify the harness, EX's were vtec, so all you'll need to do is add the knock sensor.

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Dec 16 2003, 05:20 PM
Are you going put an automatic tranmission on a b16?

www.hasport.com
They have what you need If you dont want to use the stock mounts.

where did you come up with that he was going to use an automatic transmission?
:tardcart:

just use the EX harness.

ex harness is almost the same as a b16 but u have to get the conection kit to plug it in the b16's computer if u dont't want to cut and splice wires

if u know ur shit you know that ex comes with a knock senor so all u need to do is but the conversion plug in to the ecu of the b16 obd2

if u know ur shit you know that ex comes with a knock senor so all u need to do is to buy the conversion plug in to the ecu of the b16 obd2

you dont need a conversion harness unless you are changing obd-II to obd-I. but it does have a knock sensor on the ex model. use that harness. when you get the motor just make sure it is obd-II.

no, youre wrong.

99-00 si ecu is obd2b.

96-98 ecu is obd2a.

you cannot plug an obd2b ecu into an obd2a harness and make it work, unless you convert the harness yourself or use a jumper.

shut the fuck up unless you know what youre talking about.

hey fuckstick who said he was swapping in a 99-00 si motor. there are more b16's that just that, read the post before you talk shit

Originally posted by slick*vic*@Dec 18 2003, 06:34 PM
hey fuckstick who said he was swapping in a 99-00 si motor. there are more b16's that just that, read the post before you talk shit

Hey fuckstick, chill the fuck out, and stop talking shit.

if he's gonna put a motor into a 96-98, he's gonna have to use an obd2a harness.

regardless of what b16 he uses.

unless he's gonna use an obd2a integra ecu (which im pretty sure he's not, hes probably gonna use whatever ecu comes with his swap), he's gonna have to get a jumper.

so, don't flame me when you're wrong, "fuckstick".

Originally posted by slick*vic*@Dec 18 2003, 12:34 PM

:whatafucktard:

ok guys i hate to rain on ya's priade but i swaped a 95 gsr into my 96-98 civic and my shit is obd 1; what i did was i pulled out all the 96-98 civic harness and swaped the 95 gsr's harness in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back