99 Gsr distributor on 00 civ ex engine harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mwolf83

I was wondering if anybody knows which color wires i need to correctly match a 99 gsr distributor onto a 00 civic ex engine harness. I have both the chiltons and haynes manuals and both are telling me that the distributor has certain colored wires that mine doesnt have. Also it is telling me that there are 9 wires on the 00 EX engine harness but mine only has 8. Here is the list of what they are telling me. :worthy:
GSR Distributor side: According to manual
BLU/ YEL- CKP
LT BLU- CKP
WHT/ BLU- TDC
ORG/ BLU- TDC
WHT- CYP
ORG- CYP
BLU- RPM output
YEL/ GRN- IGNITION input signal
BLK/ YEL- IGNITION coil

CIV Harness side: According to Manual
WHT- CKP
BLU- CKP
RED- TDC
GRN- TDC
BLK- CYP
YEL- CYP
BLU-RPM Output
YEL/ GRN- Ignition input signal
BLK/ YEL- Ignition coil

Here is how it really is.

GSR Distributor side:
Pink
Pink/ Baby BLU
Baby BLU
YEL/GRN
WHT
WHT/Baby BLU
Baby BLU/ WHT
BLK/YEL
BLU (not being used right now to run)

CIV Harness side:
BROWN(Tan)
GRN
BLU
YEL/GRN
BLK
RED
WHT
BLK/YEL

SO if anyone can figure that out it would be much appreciated. It is currently running but, i'm getting a TDC code. So my guess is this current setup is somewhat incorrect. :worthy:

the thin blue wire is the tach output. you can run it to the top left hand corner of the firewall(drivers side), there should be a small connector coming off the harness over in that corner. just connect those 2 together, and then u will have solved the extra wire problem plus the tachometer will work.

as for your code- sounds like something else isn't wierd right... i don't have a manual for either of those cars so im not much help... but i wouldn't trust a chiltons either. get a helms service manual. http://helminc.com

also, your wiring MAY be correct, and your motor is really just off TDC. keep that in mind too.

Back