1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 GSR WITH 96 JDM ITR motor swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by tayninhnn, Jan 19, 2006.

1. tayninhnn

tayninhnn Junior Member

can someone help me? i have 99 gsr got stolen, now i bought the 96 JDM itr swap, so which ecu should i use? I am Arizona, emission test require.

2. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

96 hmmmm well you need a P73 but I can't remember of it's OBD2A or OBD2B..

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i think the 96 is obd2a.. the obd2b came in 98 or 99 up

4. dominicanvtec

dominicanvtec Junior Member

Honda civics obd2a are from 96-98 and 99-00 are obd2b. 00 -01 integras are obd2b, u need an ecu from a 96-99 integra .

5. tayninhnn

tayninhnn Junior Member

thank you guy. i heard someone said i need to use USDM type r ecu? is it right?

6. ko_si

ko_si Junior Member

you need to run a obd2a p73 JDM ecu. no other one will work. if you run any other ecu your vtec will not work. i have that same motor on my integra.

7. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

If he wants to pass emmisions his only chance is to use a usdm ecu. Also the intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust manifold should be swapped for usdm parts because if arizona is strict then these may cost you a pass. Also you have to get the motor registered to the US. Good luck.

8. d.b.cooper

d.b.cooper Mid-life Crisis Swap

AZ does not seem to be strict. The car I just registered is a 92EG with a 95GSR. It would probably pass anywhere, even CA, but AZ didnt really look. First step was emmissions,where they have no idea or really care as to what motor is in there. There only concern was a missing charcoal canister. They have no lists of parts. all they seemed to care is its got a catylitic converter, charcoal canister, no vacumn lines hanging off, and pass the dyno test.

Next was the title. I had to have a level 3 inspection because the car was from out of state on a salvage title. They scratched their heads a bit over the vin on the front clip and dash matching each other but not the one on the door jamb (left reaf quarter was replaced - salvage title. They basically just looked to see that the car wasnt going to scatter itself all over the road and that none of the vins (since I have two), or the serial on the motor came back stolen, and that was it.

I think the law is modeled on California that a swap has to be same year or newer engine. But I don't think they have any information on how to tell that. I don't know that, but I didn't see any real in depth checking.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted