99 hatch b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zackzerr

this guy offered to trade me a b16a with s80 trans and 99 hatch. he says he has the full swap. mounts l bracket and p2t-a12 ecu. it has the obd2 dizzy and injectors all for my 89 hatch with zc mini me. has a full crower z6 head. my question is would i have any emissions issues after the swap? i dont want to trade unless ill be able to get the shell legal since im trading a running car. thanks

:shrug2:

Depends which B16A he put into it, and what emissions equipment got hooked back up. I'd go through your local laws very carefully and then go over his car EXTREMELY carefully. I'm always hesitant to get a car that's been modded by an unknown person/mechanic.

well the engine is not in the car yet. i would be putting it in. ive never had to deal with emissions. the newest car i have owned is my 92 db2. im pretty sure its a obd1 engine with a obd2 intake mani. but it has stock injectors and stock p2t ecu. claims it has type r cams and pistons

This stuff is VERY state dependent! I had a B18B in a 92 hb with a cat that was so old the honeycomb had all fallen apart and it passed emissions in Arizona. It had less than half the allowed particulates.. talk to some local Import shops?

Back