99 integra: Gear stuck in "PARK".. help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

upoyx5mr2

Greetings,
I'm new in the forum. Hello to all.
Here it goes: Just bought my 17 year old daughter a 99 integra b18b automatic. I drove it for a week and the baby is sweet, Today, two weeks later, while my daughter was trying to improve her skills in parking in tight spots, she put the gear in "PARK" and can't be shifted back to "Drive"... STUCK.....while the engine is running. Only way to put it in gear is to turnoff the engine, use the key to release the gear and put it in neutral ,start the engine, then to "Drive". HELP pls !!!

upoyX5MR2

I would assume that the switch at the brake pedal that releases the park lock is not working right, you can either try to disable the switch down at the shifter (under the center console) or have the switch replaced at the pedal.
I might be apt to take it to the dealer to service such items as it may be a combinatioon of things.

Found the culprit: an exposed wire in the rear driver side brake light harness, causing the horn/brake light fuse to be blown.

I guess in A/T tranny, same fuse is used by horn/gear shifter/ brake lights.. you learn something new everyday... thank you welfare.....

Back