99 ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skee10

skee10
hey whats up all.....ive got a few questions........i got a skunk 2 intake manifold for my 99 Ls.... and i have a new throttle body gasket and a brand new intake manifold gasket, the manifold gasket is not the normal "paper"one i guess i should say...its a flexable metal one...and i mean since i already would have the manifold off....im guessin i might as well replace it, right?.... one last thing...should i take it to a machine shop and have them check it to make sure its completly level where it bolts to the head..so that way i dont have any leaks?...and if i have to have it milled down to make it level...how much should it be milled down?

1. how long does it take to complete the swap on the parts..

2. is there any where or any site i can go to find out the correct way to do it

3. just out of curiosity...i know it wont be much to the wheels (maybe 5-10 if even that much)...but how much hp gain will i get out of it...

mods already done include:

*aem intake

* skunk 2 cat back exhaust

again ....thanks alot for any info that would help me out

naw you should you should just scrap off the old gasget and then put it on to you head if i was you i would think about either headers dc 4:1 headers or maybe even doin a ls/v swap

well thats the route im goin....just cant get the head i want rite now so ill just work on other shit till i can get it....there hard to find around here so lol...go figure...but the intake manifold was a steal so i jumped on it....and ive known the guy and helped him build his car...so he sold it to me prety cheap...with the gaskets and all for 100$ so i figured why not...cuz he was goin to sell it on ebay.....but any other info would be nice too...its prety much my first build.....so like i said...any advice would be good...

Back