99 si wire harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i was wondering if anyone know if i can use a 99 si wire harness with which obd2(?) to obd1 wire converter on a obd1 94 vx?? i have an obd1 car and have the 99 si harness and will be using an obd1 ecu. what distributer will i need to use?? will i need to wire vtec straight in?? will everything plug up right??

most of the plugs on your VX harness will work on the B16
some wires will need to be extended
some plugs will not work (distributor, fuel injectors, alternator) just use the plugs off the B16 harness
the VX also has a fucked up O2 sensor wireing setup ... im not sure what needs to be dont to make it work
the VX has VTEC already

the 99Si harness will not work in your car (it is one piece your car has a 2 piece harness... ie: the engine harness connects at the shock towers instead of going through the firewall)... a harness from a 96+ GSR would work (with a few plugs left unused)

i think my harness is fu#@ up. thats y i was thinking about using a 99si harness with the obd2 to obd1 harness converter. will that work?? would everything plug up right, plugs and play??? if that work, i wanted to take out the shock tower and put in the 99si one piece with the converter. what would be easier, take out the vx harness and check all the way through, or just using the 99si??

wont work
you will need the ENTIRE civic Si harness... engine and interior

i thought the 99si is a one piece harness?? could i just use that and plug up the convert so it can be obd1??? need more info, not sure what you are taking to say.

1 piece harness or 2 piece harness refers to whether or not the entire engine harness goes through the firewall or if it seperates at plugs on the shock towers

the ENGINE harness on your car now (or a 3rd gen integra) is a 2 piece harness... it plugs in all over the engine then it plugs into locations at the shock towers before going through the firewall... once through the firewall it meets with the rest of the INTERIOR harness and plugs into the ECU

the harness for the 99 Si (or any 6th gen civic) is different... it doesnt have plugs at the shock towers like the 5th gen civic... the ENGINE harness goes all the way through the firewall and meets with the INTERIOR harness then plugs into the ECU

to the best of my knowlege there is no kit available to make a 6th gen civic engine harness work in a 5th gen civic (or 3rd gen integra)... yo would need to swap out the ENTIRE electrical harness in the car

so once again your options are to use your harness and modify it or go get the engine harness for a 96+ integra GSR or type R

Back