99gsr into 99DX using 99EX harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randyj1

need help wiring up second O2 sensor using a 99EX harness on a 99gsr into 99DX I have a helms and i found where two of the four wires go A8 and A23 but cannot find where the other two go . can someone help me

why bother? get a 99-00 si ecu (single O2), skunk2 manifold or something of the sort(to get rib of the IAB) and ur done

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Jan 24 2005, 09:59 PM
why bother? get a 99-00 si ecu (single O2), skunk2 manifold or something of the sort(to get rib of the IAB) and ur done
[post=450829]Quoted post[/post]​

the 99-00 si ecu uses two o2 sensors

not the ones i have swapped... they never coded so2, in fact i argued with a freind of mine that his SI had 2 until he jacked it up and showed me it had one. after that i just used SI P2T ecu's

i dont think you guys understand what i am doing . I am putting a 99gsr USDM motor into a 99DX using a 99EX harness. I am staying legal by using same year motor and retaining all the stock emissions. I dont want any problems when I go for inspection or from the police. besides i do not want to change the intake thats more money and more work for me . the swap alone cost me a lot

as long as you are obd2 you are good to go i just have one question for you why are you using a ex harness all you had to do was add the two vtec wires

as for the si only having 1 o2 sensor check this out for me
OBD2to1ab2.jpg

look at the obd2b and look at a23 it says so2s not the heater the sensor so it is wrong the reason why you don't see it is because it comes from inside the car right on top of the cat! :woo: :thumbsup:

I got the EX harness because I thougth it make the swap easy from a time standpoint but it seems like it would be easier just to use my DX harness and add the extra wires like you said . i will need the ends off some of wires off the EX harness so i can plug my extra wires into my stock harness . it will take a little longer to perform the swap but it will less confusion for me

Back