99prelude h22a jdm swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99blacklude

i just installed a jdm moter in a 99 prelude and it breaks up at low rpms on a load .when its out of gear (its a 5 speed) it revs nice and smooth but, when on a load it breaks up. if i play with the gas it smooths out ,but if i floor it it breaks up . the speed sensor doesnt work because of the harness. we are in the process of getting a new one, also the v tec dosent kick in we are using the stock ecu. the gas in it is fairly old we topped the tank off with high octane but the problem is still there . the car has all its original parts on it as we had to swap the oil pump to use the crank pick up. it starts right up and idles fine ,but from a idle if you first crank it it hesitates . rev it again and its smooth. the only codes are a p1399 (no idea) and misfire codes ,speed sensor, and o2 sensors even though both were changed. compression is good in all cylinders (240psi),and has even crank. Should we flash the ecu, and if so how? What specs should we use as we have no idea what year the jdm motor is from. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated, or if you know someone else that could help please let me know... We are stuck. Thanks

Well the only thing I can help you with is the finding out the year of your motor. Look on top of the exhaust manifold. There are arrows and numbers. If it has a number then an arrow and then another number then that would be the year it was made in. like for ex. 9 arrow 7 would be a 97 H22 Hope this helps some

Back