A b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whitelightning

Ok i am looking into buying a b16a motor for my 4dr... nothing too big cuz it is my daily driver but i want more hp than my stock 1.5. it has a manual tranny, now do i need to buy the complete engin change over or can i get by with the engine ecu and trany and a few misc. parts??? Now are there any reall differences in the SiRI and the SiRII? which one do i need? :worthy:

I am assuming that you have an EG four door. Make sure you get an OBD I swap to avoid stupid wiring problems. The SiR I is OBD 0, the SiR II is OBD I. You are going to need the motor, tranny, mounts, shift linkage, wiring harness and ECU. You will need to run all the VTEC wires unless you have a '92 vehicle, then all you need to run is the Knock Sensor. Good luck! I suggest going with Hmotorsonline.com for your swapping needs. They have good, clean motors and fair prices. :D

ok i did somemore looking into it and i am just going with the d16z6... it is my daily driver and i am not going to go all out with this car.. maybe later...but i cant find one anywhere... does anyone konw where i can get one.. do you guys have one you can sell me... i am looking to spend about 600...

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Nov 20 2003, 07:47 AM
The SiR I is OBD 0, the SiR II is OBD I.

AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!i!i!i!i!i...no, no, no, SiR and SiRII are TRIM levels, like Si, VX, EX, CX, etc...they denote what options the car came with, they don't indicate year of the motor, OBD, generation of car, both where availible in the civic hatchs from 89-00, they all had B16A's.

Back