a battle of epic proportions....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
im in kind of a dilema here folks. as most of you know, i bought a new car (2004 Mazda 3). well since owning it, i've been thinking about selling my bagged 1995 Ford Ranger Splash. heres a list of pros and cons about keeping or selling the Ranger:

pros:
- its paid for
- its been in my family for about 10 years or so
- i have put alot of time and money into it
- i have won a few trophies with it at car shows
- people recognize me at shows with it

cons:
- its running like shit right now. i think the exhaust system needs replaced
- the suspension needs more work done to it
- needs bodywork as some parts are rusting from "friends" work on it
- it doesnt get driven except on nice days. it stays parked in the garage for the most part

im sure theres more but part of me feels like its time to move on. now i can afford to keep both vehicles but ive kinda lost some motivation on the Ranger. if i sell the Ranger, i would use part of what i get from the sale to make a nice payment on the Mazda and put the rest away but use some of it for a few items i want for the Mazda (rear spoiler and lowering springs for starters). i dunno what to do. im confused. if i sell it, i dont wanna sell it to a local person because i dont wanna see it after i sell it. what to do...what to do. lemme hear you alls suggestions and ideas.

if it doesnt get driven much and you feel as if you're losing motivation on it .. i say sell it because you'll have a car payment regardless and whatever you sell it for is yours.. no need to pay the rest off.. just a thought

id like to get at least $4,000 for it. i keep it up pretty well and cleaned up real good too.

i say sell it. but don't put money on the car. bad investment...well, what is your interest rate.

i say sell it and save it for a rainy day. you'll find something you NEED down the road. don't worry about wants unless you have enough cash right now.

pros:
- its paid for
- its been in my family for about 10 years or so
- i have put alot of time and money into it
- i have won a few trophies with it at car shows
- people recognize me at shows with it

cons:
- needs bodywork as some parts are rusting from "friends" work on it
- it doesnt get driven except on nice days. it stays parked in the garage for the most part.

Your "Friends" are oxygen molecules ?

This truck is paid off, and you've had fun with it. That said, it's a truck that can't haul anything.

a bagged truck with a notch cover or raised floor bed can carry stuff

kinda sounds like you're "growing up" a little
dropping money on the mazda and adding a little something to the savings for a rainy day sounds like a smart plan
but its also the end of the season, you're gonna miss it next year
and from what i've read you don't really have the tools to just make another one in any short amount of time

damn, I thought this was a 50cent / Kanye thread.

{leaving}

Back