A build for fun!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well we had 15k as a baceline for the best stable motor with a turbo we could get running around 15-17psi... Nothing 2 fancy. and I hear ya with that kind of money on just the motor its hard, but were just looking for a very fine tune at that PSI range, and have it stable... were not looking to build the worlds next fastest Honda civic lol.. I'd probably put it in a tree up here haha!

just to kinda be the devils advocate here is a thought...if you are looking at auto-x and possibly drag racing the car on option that is within your budget would be a K24 block with a K20 head and trans swap. for any type of racing application there is an old saying "there is no replacement for displacement" and the added .4 liters will provide you with extra head room when it comes to torque and hp. i've heard of this swap being done before and nothing but good praise has come of it. and it has to be the biggest motor you can get into the front of an EG and plus the K24 blocks are quite a bit cheaper than the K20. with the kind of money you are willing to throw down you have a ton of possibilities so dont really worry about the weight until you get the swap done and drive the car. if its not exactly what you want then upgrade the suspension, i'm sure you will have money left over for it.

Hey, Thanks, I will look into that... K24 hun? humm this require alot of work..BLANCO still want to help for a $100 hahaha!

Hey, Thanks, I will look into that... K24 hun? humm this require alot of work..BLANCO still want to help for a $100 hahaha!

yeah i, sure it will take some work but check the numbers on the k24 im pretty sure they are 160hp and 162 ft/lbs of tq and that is without the type-s head swap on it. and the best k20 numbers are 220hp and 206tq and that is for the more expensive type-r motor, the type-s sits at 200hp and 142tq. its an option because up where you live the winters are long so you have the time to do something like this if you so choose.

Well here is what I have dug up...

Honda K24 Engine JDM
Displacement (cc):
Power (bhp@rpm):
160 @ 6,000 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
162 @ 3,600 rpm
Compression Ratio:
9.6:1
Bore (mm):
Stroke (mm):
Cam Design:
DOHC
Valve Train
VTEC

Acura K20A Engine JDM
Displacement (cc):
Power (bhp@rpm):
220 @ 8,000 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
206 @ 7,000 rpm
Compression Ratio:
11.5:1
Bore (mm):
Stroke (mm):
Cam Design:
DOHC
Valve Train
VTEC

So now my question would be... The k24 Has 160hp at 6,000RPM's, but 162 TQ at 3,600 RPM's.... So would that be better for Auto X with lower RPM's for max torque? or not really? Cause on paper that K20 is looking really good!

I have found a K20 for 6k, so far no luck with a K24 prices would be nice thank you!

Last edited:
Well I have done some looking around and some reading on k20a.org... They Recommend the K20a3 for Boosted motor's because of the lower compretion ratio.. anyone have any opions about this motor?

So far for the motor I was able to find this

Hondata/Skunk2 ECU

AEM Fuel Rails

Skunk2 Cam Gear's

Skunk2 Camshafts

skunk2 Titanium Retainers

skunk 2 Forged Valves

Bad start on the motor?

Last edited:
Nope I will trust everyone's ideas, U all know far more then I do!

not neccesarily.

Trust no one, lol ... just look into there Ideas i guess. Also if your still thinking B18 block ...

i was about to get a b18b with a GSR head and ECU and boost it. You said you arent looking for "Oh my god" fast. but that could still be a decent swap maybe?

I don't know much about the k-series, unfortunately. What are your plans for the bottom end though?

Also, when you guys start this, you will be taking pictarz, right? :)

Ya pictures are a must haha... 1st we get to watch me blow a D16z6 motor... with the title this is what happens when u over rev a stock motor haha!

considering you live in Vermont, i wouldn't recomend a K24 as they sit lower to the ground than a K20 does, and you need all the ground clearance you can get on those roads.

If I was 20 and had 20k, a motor would be the last thing I'd spend it on. Also, how did you come across $20,000?

well the k20 looks does look really good but when you think about auto x you will need the low end torque numbers the k24 puts out. its all up to you when its all said and done so just think about what you need from the swap and go from there.

If I was 20 and had 20k, a motor would be the last thing I'd spend it on. Also, how did you come across $20,000?

Car Inurance payed up finally yay, and ontop of that Gaurds is a grate place as well hehe...and im spending it on a Motor cause I have no loans nor want another...:p

well the k20 looks does look really good but when you think about auto x you will need the low end torque numbers the k24 puts out. its all up to you when its all said and done so just think about what you need from the swap and go from there.

The K24 is 2 low to the ground here in Vermont. When I said auto X it wasn't the main reason, just like the 3rd lawl. 1st fun to drive in Vermont, 2nd clearance on them back roads, 3rd Auto X, 4th Shows :), and lastly Strip :)

Ya I have looked at that, but in vermont an Auto X could take place in a parking lot with a chuck hole, 1 wrong turn and the K24 is going to pay for it, also I would love a k24 but they sit so low and I really cant have it plowing snow in the winter :p

Haha that's true. Maybe you should buy a snow plow and stick that on the front so that the k24 just grinds on the ground instead of plowing snow:p

Back