A/C hoses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Makahana187

I swapped a B16 into my 93 civic dx and the motor had a working a/c compressor on it. Only problem was the hoses were cut and the hoses for the D15B7 a/c compressor are different than those for the B16. I would use the D15's compressor but it is broken so i get no a/c. what i was thinking was that i need to purchase the hoses for a 94-97 Del Sol VTEC. Is this the correct assumption or is there another vehicle that i should get the hoses from?

I ca help.

You need ALL the A/C for your car...not motor (this means compressor too)
If you still have it all...you're in good shape

Then you need a a/c bracket off a USDM B16A(94-97 Del Sol VTEC or 99/00 civic si)
Or CRV B20 to mount your compressor to the motor. Then get the Belt for a Del Sol
VTEC. I have the same swap and you can look at my thread on my signature. Bracket will
run you $50-100 (I got a CRV bracket for $50)

I'm R-12 and I believe they're are a few 93 civics that where R-12 too (early 93 models)
You are probably R-134A though...just make sure what it is before you purchase anything

Should have a sticker somewhere under the engine bay that tells you what freon to use
or you can tell by the connections.

*important*

Make sure you use a cleaning agent to clear out ALL the lines.
Stuff can build up quickly and you could shoot yourself in the foot by being
complacent about the overall project. I bought the can of cleaner for it (buy it
anywhere...even wally world I think) Or you can use brake/carb cleaner
(I been told but you can investigate it further) And use a compressor to blow
out the system after solvent dries for 10 minutes or so.

And get all the OEM rubber o-rings from Honda (I think its 11 total)
Use a little oil (A/C oil prefered) and rub it on the o-rings before installation
so they dont rip or bind as easy. Rings are important part of keeping the freon
in the system and not into the atmosphere....duh

Make sure you put A/C oil in too...you dont need a ton though (R-12 or R-134A)

These tips will hopefully get the A/C solid and lasting more then one summer.

ok so basically i need to get a new compressor because the one from the D15 is busted and then get the bracket from a Del Sol? Sorry, i'm trying to figure out if i read this correctly or not. i appreciate the help

Del Sol DOHC VTEC bracket (not just any del sol)
Or a 99/00 Civic Si bracket (not just any 99/00 civic)
Or a B20 CRV Bracket (must be the B20 says PJ7 on it)

Buy the compressor FIRST!!! Then take it around and make sure it fits the bracket you
buy. Don't be fooled into thinking its right b/c the guy says so. Check it for sure!

And clean the system....and get new o-rings.

Back