1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/C Self Refill

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by endlesszeal, Sep 7, 2008.

1. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

So my a/c hasnt been recharged since we got it new in 00. I was wondering if those DIY kits at wal-mart work well? Some people claim its the same thing as the shops so if it is, i rather try doing it myself than pay $80 for "labor."

2. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I recharged mine once from the kit you can buy at Wal-Mart. Worked good for about a week, then didn't want to work right. I ended up bringing it to the dealership and getting it done, and it was perfect after that.

Could have been my car, could have been materials, who knows.

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

i have had mixed results with the DIY recharge kits. on my girls VW it didnt really work at all. but on a DA i used to have it worked great. walmart will recharge your ac for you for $35 and they check everything out for leaks too. thats what we ended up doing with my girls VW.

4. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

If the 'kit' comes with a vacuum pump, and accurate manometer, then go for it.

If not, bring it to any mechanic with a r134a reclamation system. It'll probably cost about $60, and take an hour.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted