A couple connection questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mtd006

I am posting this for my friend, tcpappas who is doing the crx swap. He is just about done, and just needs a few last minutes questions answered.

if anyone can help identify any of these pictures and what he needs to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Each picture has a number, use that to correspond to your answer.

CRX pictures by mtd006 - Photobucket

dude i have no clue how you expect anyone to answer this when i cant tell what you need by looking at your pics. you need to give detailed info about what you're asking here, cuz its just a pointless thread that needs to be deleted if you just post pics like that.fix it or delete it, im neg repping you for that if it aint fixed lol cuz i dont see any questions posted for me to answer!

Connection questions 2

He was actually posting for me since I couldn't do it from my shop and the descriptions never made it to his email for some unknown reason. My apologies.
Pic1 Wondering what vacuum line goes to the connector just behind the throttle body
Pic2 MAP sensor on the firewall, wires are no where near long enough to go to the throttle body, should i extend them so they do?
Pic3 The wiring that plugs into the fan, Where does the short red one wire plug go to?
Pic4 four vacuum lines coming from the evap area, they are labeled but only one reads clear. Throttle body, Left something, right something, and unreadable
Pic5 Line on top of the Throttle body, i believe the red hose connects here
Pic6 Picture of the red hose I talked about in pic5 as well as the origin of the unknown vacuum lines
Pic7 Capped part of the engine harness on the driver side of the car
Pic8 Picture with the cap out, does anything go here?
Pic9 Module located in the drivers side corner of the engine bay with nothing connected to it, do i have to worry about it?
Pic10 Sensor on the rear of the transmission passenger side, unsure wether this is backup lights or vss.
Pic11 Sensor on the front of the transmission passenger side, also unsure wether this is backup lights or vss.

I'm hoping someone will help me with my problem so I'll try to help you with yours... I'm at work so can't look at the pictures but will try to go on the little info you gave.

1 - on the throttle body, I have one line pointing towards the valve cover that goes to the coolant line, and on the back it goes to the IACV (I think that's what it's called).
2 - My engine ran just fine using the map sensor on the firewall, but ymmv
3 - Short red one wire plug? I removed AC so only have the round plug from the fan, which I connected to the round plug in the engine bay.
4 - dunno
5 - yes, red line goes there, however mine doesn't have a bung on it so I left it disconnected
6 - dunno
7 - dunno
8 - dunno
9 - I only had a disconnected module near the passenger side but I think originally it went to the AC system so may have been on the driver side at one point
10 - VSS, get a manual one
11 - Backup light. On the OBD0 sohc it was just a couple wires with connectors on the end. I bought some connectors from the auto store, cut the plug off the backup light, put on the connectors, and connected the wires to the wires coming from the harness.

Thank you very much, the little bit of insight will help a lot. Do you recommend removing the VSS and using a manual one even if i have a GSR cluster out of the vehicle i stripped for the engine?

Well, if you have the GSR cluster then I would keep the electronic VSS, and unfortunately I've never used one to tell you how to wire it up.

I just used a cable one with my stock CRX cluster.

Back