a D axle is a D axle, correct?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I have a set of Dseries axle's in my garage from my old D15 (92 vintage) and a friend of mine needs new axles on her 96 EX

I am 99% sure that the axles are the same but figured it can't hurt to run it by you guys just to make sure

thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
I have a set of Dseries axle's in my garage from my old D15 (92 vintage) and a friend of mine needs new axles on her 96 EX

I am 99% sure that the axles are the same but figured it can't hurt to run it by you guys just to make sure

thanks

Not sure if those will work, but all "d" axles were not created equal. There are several different variations.

*edit* I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't work, because, if I am guessing correctly, the 92 didn't have abs (Wasn't standard, was an option) and the 96 does. making the axle different.

No, i used 95 EX axles on my Girl's 97 Ex, it will work.
Same part number too, as long as neither car has ABS.

crap, I forgot about the ABS deal

so since my axles are non-abs that means they don't have the ring on them for the abs speed sensor
and my friends car does have abs so they won't work.... oh well, at least I realized it now before I pulled her axles out

thanks guys

Quoted post[/post]]
crap, I forgot about the ABS deal

so since my axles are non-abs that means they don't have the ring on them for the abs speed sensor
and my friends car does have abs so they won't work.... oh well, at least I realized it now before I pulled her axles out

thanks guys

No Problem. :wink:

Back