1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/F Gauge = ECU code

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Smonkeyboy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

this was in General Tech, but it didnt get much response there so im gonna try it here.

i just got a bunch of work done on my car, and my mechanic said that my ECU was throwing a code (code 1, i think) saying my O2 sensor wasnt reading anything. i have an A/F gauge and it has always read just fine, so i am curious to know if this is supposed to happen or not. he snipped the line to my gauge and the ECU read just fine. should the Gauge and ECU be reading the O2 sensor, or is the gauge supposed to take the whole signal????

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

no the signal is read by both the ECU and the gauge. did you tap into the O2 sensor near the ECU or near the sensor itself?

3. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

i tapped the wire between the O2 sensor and the ECU, about 8in away from the sensor.

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i'm not sure if that is the problem.. but mine is tapped in about 5 inches from the ECU.

5. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

ill have to try that

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted