a/f ratio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

I just installed my auto meter a/f gauge. it reads idle exactly like it should (slightly rich)but as soon as any throttle is applied it pegs at obscenely rich.
did I wire this thing wrong or some thing?I have a stock 90 rex dx with a cold air intake my gauges signal wire comes from the white wire on the e.c.u. spliced about 6 -inches from the e.c.u.

please help

Sounds about right from what I have heard and been told. Those things aren't accurate at all. It will either be rich or lean. They are basically just a light show.

All an A/F gauge is, is a voltometer for the o2. Since the voltage is constantly changing according to the amount of air passing the o2, all it does it jump around.

the a/f gauge only reads correctly for exactly one a/f value. For every other one it is off, so it is useless. Unless of course you have a wideband o2 sensor. But those aren't really made for daily use. That is why there is one at the dyno. The whole point is to set your a/f ratios correctly beforehand, so that you don't have to monitor them after.

Back