1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a/f ratio

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by h82w8, May 2, 2004.

1. h82w8

h82w8 Senior Member

I just installed my auto meter a/f gauge. it reads idle exactly like it should (slightly rich)but as soon as any throttle is applied it pegs at obscenely rich.
    did I wire this thing wrong or some thing?I have a stock 90 rex dx with a cold air intake my gauges signal wire comes from the white wire on the e.c.u. spliced about 6 -inches from the e.c.u.

please help

2. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

Sounds about right from what I have heard and been told. Those things aren't accurate at all. It will either be rich or lean. They are basically just a light show.

3. h82w8

h82w8 Senior Member

shitty I was hopin this fucxer would work i want go not show :angry:

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

All an A/F gauge is, is a voltometer for the o2. Since the voltage is constantly changing according to the amount of air passing the o2, all it does it jump around.

5. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

the a/f gauge only reads correctly for exactly one a/f value. For every other one it is off, so it is useless. Unless of course you have a wideband o2 sensor. But those aren't really made for daily use. That is why there is one at the dyno. The whole point is to set your a/f ratios correctly beforehand, so that you don't have to monitor them after.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted