A/F Setting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

What should I set the a/f at, as my b16 is running rich, i will have an adjustable fpr tomarrow, but how do I know what to set it at? I have a a/f gauge installed, also all my cel's are gone!

you just wasted your money on that FPR. Shoulda got a AFC if you wanted to change your fuel maps. Dont change your fuel pressure. its not a good idea.

get a fuel pressure gauge also
b&m makes a good one, or get one from a hardware store

its ablsolete....for the same price you might be able to dyno tune..... but it looks col and you can fiddle with it....lol i might get one

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jun 30 2005, 10:11 AM
So do you think i should invest into a vafcII?
[post=518561]Quoted post[/post]​

The first VAFC will do yuo fine. If you want to get an idea of how tuning works and learn somethign get it and play around with it.

Damn, i'm spendin lots of money already on this car, lots more to come, but ill have to wait another 2 weeks until i get paid to order a vafcII already spent most my paycheck, bills......

Car seems to be running a lot better, I only installed the aem fuel rail, havent put on the aem fpr, i guess i just dont wanna fuck something up, should I install this? And buy a gauge for it?

install your gauge first, see what your fuel pressure is, then install the FPR. and adjust it to the stock level
should be around ~40psi

mine is at 38psi at idle

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jul 3 2005, 08:49 PM
alright, looks like i'm buying yet another thing for project rex.
[post=520284]Quoted post[/post]​

welcome to Modified Hondas ;)

Originally posted by B16CRX+Jul 4 2005, 09:46 AM-->
VTECPOWER
@Jul 3 2005, 08:49 PM
alright, looks like i'm buying yet another thing for project rex.
[post=520284]Quoted post[/post]​

welcome to Modified Hondas ;)
[post=520363]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:
Yup, what kind of gauge should I buy? The autometer one? I already have (2) 2-1/16" gauges mounted on the A pillar.

that would be fine. do you have an aftermarket fuel rail? if not, just follow you fuel feed line from teh rail to the can and that is where you put the gauge. (replacews the bolt holding down the line on teh can)

Yes, i have an aem fuel rail, where would i put the fpr?
Is it the same as w/o an aftermarket rail?

Since you have an aftermarket fuel rail, and it is AEM....I beleive there is a tapped port on teh rail that is for the gauge. but if not, just do what I said in my last post.

if you are getting a vafc don't waste your money on a guage and sell your pressure regulator. You don't need it with the vafc

why would you buy a fpr just to set it at stock settings?

Originally posted by 97CTR@Jul 8 2005, 10:03 PM
if you are getting a vafc don't waste your money on a guage and sell your pressure regulator.  You don't need it with the vafc

why would you buy a fpr just to set it at stock settings?
[post=522959]Quoted post[/post]​

Because my crx is running WAY to rich, exhaust is black!
Also I believe that isnt AT a stock setting.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jul 8 2005, 03:37 PM
Yes, i have an aem fuel rail, where would i put the fpr?
Is it the same as w/o an aftermarket rail?
[post=522859]Quoted post[/post]​

here is a picture of my aem fuel rail (blue), aem fpr (silver, bolts to the fuel rail), and no name fuel pressure gauge (green, also bolted to the fuel rail)

gallery_36382_304_147136.jpg

your set up will be the same.

if you get the b&m gauge you can either put it in your fuel rail or you can put it in your fuel filter.

Back