1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few civic questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by shortbusrebel07, Jun 30, 2003.

1. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

hey guys its been a while since ive posted here but i have a few questions that have been troubleing me lately and i wanted to run them by you all.

1) i have an 89 honda civic hatch is it obd0 or obd1 ?

2) i have noticed on some sites that sell exhaust and other parts list the CRX but not the civic hatch...will the same exhausts for the rex fit my hatch ?

3) if not what is the difference ?

4) i want to get the b16a1 sirII from japan because that is what came stock in the 4th gen hatch over there....is this a plug and play swap ? if not what will i have to do to make it as simple as possible ?

5) and last but not least which "E" series is my civic ? because im trying to find as many SPOON products for my car as possible and i know they make very little for my car but on http://www.opakracing.com they list the parts by what series your car is

thanks in advance for any answers you can give

2. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

your 89 civic is obd0. dont know about the fit of the exhaust. i'd guess that the piping fro the crx is a few inches shorter, but i dont know. your civic is an EF chassis. dropping a B16a2 into your car would require some major rewiring. i dont know the details but i have heard it is bascially a nightmare wiring job. it would be alot easier to swap in a B16a1. aside from the wiring, you will need new engine mounts, axles, etc.. i dont know much about the details, but im sure someone will reply who does.

3. shortbusrebel07

thanks man, yea im hoping E_Solsi will grace me with his wisdom *crosses fingers*

4. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

if u have an Si/HF, u will need mounts, b16a engine, tranny axels, and a few wires for Vtec. if u have DX/CX u will need all these plus do dpi-mpfi change.

5. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

also, ur civic is an ef. u have urself mixed up, there is no b16a1 SiRII, they are 2 engines

B16a1= JDM SiR motor , 0bd0
    SiRII= eg SiR(canada) Si(USA) civic motors, obd2
    u want the b16a1, not the SiRII

6. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

You are confused also my friend.

b16a SIR I =obd0 jdm sir motor for 4th gen, 88-91 =ef
    b16a SIR II = OBD1 and OBD2 jdm SIR motor for 5th gen 92-95 -eg and the 96-00 ek
    b16a2 obd2 is the USA Si Model

He needs the SIR I or the motor from a 90-91 jdm integra VTi I believe.

They made very few b16a1's and most are in the euro market I believe.

7. hatchboy

hatchboy Sleeves+boost=Love

1) obd0
    2) dont quote me but i believe crx and hatch exhaust is dif, crx comes out on the passanger side and hatch comes out on drivers side i think, not too sure
    3)stock jdm 4g engines are b16a sirI, you will need to add knock,vtec and oil pressure sensor or something i believe, as well as buy mounts, different shiftlinkage and axles
    4) EF

8. daveLafleur

daveLafleur Member

how much wiring is required for vtec and knock sensors etc. I have a 90 civic hatch that is dx but currently beating the shit outta a d16a1 and want to get rid of that crap in favor of the b16a. Maybe even the B18.

9. shortbusrebel07

thanks for all the input guys, sorry about the typo i didnt realize it till after you guys started posting the engine i plan on getting is the b16a (sir I) thats how it is listed on http:www.hmotorsonline.com and my civic is a DX, 4 speed, with no power steering if that helps anyone out

10. 90crxb16a

90crxb16a Senior Member

exhaust is differant. the header and down pipe will work but the mid-pipe has differant bends and is shorter(longer wheel base)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted