A few H22a questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bad95civ

AKA SloNewbieRacer
I've been working on swapping in a JDM H22a into my civic for awhile. Well not as much working for awhile as reading alot, all the time for awhile and tinkering a bit here and there, but anyway, I'm almost ready to try to drop it in. A few last things I'd like to ask are

1: Most people say to replace the auto-tensioner with a manual one. What can I use? Will manual tensioner off F22 work or H23 or does it need to be custom??

2: A friend suggested removing/bypassing the balance belt or whatever it's called. Any info on doing this (ie. how to; good idea/bad idea; pros/cons; etc).

3: For now (since I'm about out of dough) I'm leaving it pretty much stock. I had the head polished (no real port job just cleaned up real good), I will be blocking off the EGR valve, and maybe (feel free to insert opinion here) 86ing the cat since we no longer have emissions here. I've also looked at the PasswordJDM powerchamber intake as a possible bolt-on. I e-mailed them and they said it'd work, so maybe we'll see. Anyway, knowing these specs, what kind (if any) of nitrous (X-hp; wet/dry) could I run with this set-up?

Thanks in advance for your input.

there is no real need to switch the tensioners. as long as you take care of the auto there shouldnt be a problem. the balance shafts are also not anything to really take out. if this is going to be for a dd you may want to keep them. but if you want either can be done. if im not mistaken you can use the h23 manual tensioner

as for nitrous, a 75 dry shot works well with hondata, if no tuning software a 75 wet shot will work fine

Back