a few issues with mini me build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

ok so here is my build a d15b8 bottom end with a y8 head

now my questions are

one will my timing be off if i use the b8 belt? if so how much and will be advanced or retard

and two some one told me that my car wont start because the compresion will be way to high and if im turbo'd then it just screams blown motor.

are the following true

ok so i do need a y8 timing belt

and i figured that it wasnt true. the ppl around here just dont want me to have a running car they will do every thing they can do to keep me from having a car that runs, because they are worried about mine being better then theres. i think i figured my comp to be around 10.5:1 and im going to be on turbo'd on 7 to 10 pounds on a td05h turbo and 390cc injectors all i need is for the motor to hold up for a little over a month so that i can have my other motor built. the car is only going to be driven about 20-30 city miles aday to and from work do you think it will hold up

belt

go with the y8 belt,should go as planned.
close to my build d15b8
w/ d16z6 head comp.@ 10.0:1

You need to use a VX belt, a Y8 belt would be too long. Also, you need an adjustable cam gear as your cam timing will be a half tooth or 4.5 degrees off. Also, your compression will be closer to 11:1 with the flat top pistons of the B8 with a Y8 head. If you boost that you will blow it up.

i refer to psi because i dont have a power range im not trying to build the car all im trying to do is make sure it will last to get me to and from work for almost 2 months so i can buy a new car

and my main question is will the car run and last for almost 2 months not what i need to make it run like a champ or anything

sorry if i sound a little blunt

Last edited:
well whats your point then because yes i completely missed your point

PSI is relevant to the turbo you're using. That's why it's better to just state how much power you hope to make, because a certain PSI level on one turbo will produce different results as opposed to the same PSI level on a different turbo...

ok well i stated the turbo size that i am using and i dont have a certian amount of power that i am hoping to make i am hoping to make my car run and last long enought for me to have some money to buy another car

but on another note i have another problem. i got every thing done and put on. now when i go to start my car everything spins, but i have no fire. also i have no spark at my spark plugs, and i know my dizzy is good cuz i just put it on my buddies car and it worked just fine so what could it be

Installed the cables of the spark plug in the right way?
If this isn't the problem try to put on an extra masscables etc.
make sure you get enough electritity to your engine

Hope it works

Back