a few less corvettes out there.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, base. spec it out to something that doesn't suck, and it breaks 80k no problem

The corvette is untouchable by you fools. Don't even play that card.

EDIT: You guys get a hardon about a fucking 4 door Subaru econo car with a turbo in it.

Shut up.

i wouldn't spend 80 grand on a chevy. ever.
hell, i would have a hard time spending 80 grand on a p-car, bmw, or any other make for that matter.

even my snob ass thinks is just too much money.

Yeah, when you shop around and see what you can get for $80k.

A pair of BMWs..

How about a Civic, AND a Pilot, AND a Ridgeline, AND a CBR 1000rr..

Or a porsche 911.. Or a pair of Boxters..

How about a honda fit, a ridgeline, and a nice pair of jet-ski's, a cbr1000rr and 20k to toss into some mutual fund somewhere..

A friend of mine has a C6 z06... This is his 6th vette... He had an '04 Z06 w/ a 175 shot on it... He has built many VERY powerful motors... He says this Z06 scares him.. 70mph on the highway without traction control, stuff it to the boards and it will walk the ass end out of it...

Just from a 1/4 standpoint, the zo6 does 11.5s and costs $72k
0-60 and 1/4 mile times for Factory Stock Vehicles

The Porcshe 911 GT2 they list n that site isn't sold anymore, it does 11.7s and the new GT3 that replaced it costs $107k.
All 911 Models - Models - Home - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

The Viper SRT-10, 11.7s, couldn't find pricing from Dodge, but edmunds lists the base model at $84k which is a second slower.
Edmunds.com - 2006 Dodge Viper Car Pricing Guide

Lamborghini Murcielago, 12s and only costs $288k for the base model.
2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Pricing and Information

I'm not saying a Vette is the best car around. But compared to the other cars that can handle and accelerate at the same level, its still a bargain car. And if you live in NY like me, it won't rust. :)

The Porcshe 911 GT2 they list n that site isn't sold anymore, it does 11.7s and the new GT3 that replaced it costs $107k.

not here to argue 1/4 mile specs... but the GT2 was not replaced by the GT3... they are different trim/tune levels

the GT2 is a light weight turbocharged track ready version of the 911
Porsche 911 GT2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the GT3 is a very light weight very track ready NA version of the 911
Porsche 911 GT3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they are both sold along side eachother to fit different wants and needs

Last edited:
and furthermore, comparing a car absed soley on it's 1/4 mile time is, well, stupid.

drag racing is gay.

Race Prepped chevy 572: $10,000.
Blower/fuel/etc for said 572: $10,000.
Donor pickup/chevelle/camaro/whatever: $5,000
Chassis bracing, roll cage, rear axle, lexan windows, fiberglass front clip, slicks: $5,000.
Other random crap: $2,000.

1400hp sub 8 second 1/4 mile: $32,000.

then buy an M5 with the remaining 48k.

You get the very best of both worlds. Hell, buy the bimmer and forget the dragster.

2008 Corvette Z06 3LZ

65_512Q.gif

Exterior: Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat Interior: Linen Custom Leather Wrapped Seating Surfaces
MSRP:$77,545.00Colors & Options: $3,995.00 Total MSRP*:$81,540.00 and thats pre tax, title, registration.

its an 85k car.

That price depends on the options. If I'm buying a fucking sports car I'm not going to option it out the ass unless it's performance options. But that's just me. I don't need an in screen dvd or navigation thing anyway. I just want a steering wheel, a shifter a gas, clutch and brake pedal.

The corvette is untouchable by you fools. Don't even play that card.

EDIT: You guys get a hardon about a fucking 4 door Subaru econo car with a turbo in it.

Shut up.

and you get hardons for 1970-80s pieces of shit. Whats your point?

That price depends on the options. If I'm buying a fucking sports car I'm not going to option it out the ass unless it's performance options. But that's just me. I don't need an in screen dvd or navigation thing anyway. I just want a steering wheel, a shifter a gas, clutch and brake pedal.

you should buy a lotus then
hell it doesnt even come with carpet :)

Back