A Few LMA Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Newfie_Sol

So I've got all my LMA's out (Piston Type) and I was testing them to see if they are sticking... people say to just use your finger to compress them.. but how far?

I was pressing on mine and they only seem to go 3-4 mm and then go really stiff and I hurt my finger :confused: lol... I suspect they go deeper since the vtec lobe is bigger..

Also I went to my local honda dealer and they gave me a part number for the LMA's.. its 14820-PCB-305..(Canadian PN#) I asked the dealer if this was a spring LMA or a piston LMA but he could not tell me..

He suggested to buy them and find out.. then casually tossed an 85 dollar price tag on a single lma... with no return AND pre-purchase before ordering.... screw that..

Thanks for your input...

so whatever... I don't care how far they compress..

Can someone confirm the part number? I don't want to spend 600 dollars on the wrong parts...

I am assuming this is a B16/B18c head, when you order new LMAs order Integra type R ones, if you have to buy new ones they are the best and the only ones suitable for high lift cams.

yeah I read that but the parts numbers are different in canada... I just want to know what the spring type LMA Part Number is in canada so I can order them.... even tho they are fricking 85$ a piece

You don't have to order type R ones as Honda switched them all to the same design now. It doesn't matter if you order them for a 1994 Del Sol Vtec or a 2000 Type R they are all the same. The cheap way is to order ones for the Prelude with H22 then add the seats to the springs. The newer ones are the same as the Preludes but with the the 2mm seat on it already( or w/e size it is).

I got mine for under $200 shipped. The main thing you want to look for is the Type-R tag in the part number. P73 should be right. I don't know which is spring or piston type, but there's a definite difference in the height of the LMA. The more you're able to compress the better.

Back