A Few Ls ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a few questions, i just list them and if anyone knows the answers, i would appreciate it so much. i plan on buying a 1990 integra ls 4dr, the complete car is only $350 off a friend, so heres what i would like to know.

1. i would like to swap the tranny to a gsr for the better gearing, but i dont know if it is hydraulic or cable. if the stock is a cable, can I just put on a hydraulic, what can i do?

2. is there an ITR header for that year, or who else makes a decent one, besides DC Sports and is something I can order from the local shop.

3. the motor has 145k on it, should i rebuild it or just leave it, i have a project h22 im building on the side, but i need something for now to get my car around.

4. anyone need anything off the car? pm me or reply back, it doesnt matter.

thanks guys :worthy:

1. Yes, you can swap in a GSR tranny. I don't know the respective year/types, but if you want to convert to cable -> hydro, it is definitely possible with a kit.

2. Get any ol' 4->1 header. Unless you want to spend big cash, they are mostly all the same.

3. Don't rebuild. Just take care of it. It should last until your project is done, within reason.

1. Use the 92-93 GSR transmission it is cable. But if you do you need to get the Clutch/Flywheel from it as well.

2. A 4-1 is a bitch to install. You have to bend a chassis brace to clear room for it, just get a 4-2-1 and a 2 peice is preferable for this application becuase is is much easier to install.

I have a 90 LS 4 Door also, wow someone besides me has one!!! SO excited... mine isn't a 5 speed yet!

ha, sorry to bust your bubble but, its actually a 1990 ls motor that is going into my 95 civic. i bought the complete car though(90' 4dr.) for $350 to try and part out to make my money back(it has slight front end damage). need any parts?

Back