a few questions....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

ive been pondering the idea of boosting my car just a few misc. questions.....

how much boost will i be able to push on my jdm b16a (rated at like 10.3:1 c/r i believe) before i start to have detonation issues on pump gas (91oct.)? is there anything i can do to drop the ratio to run more boost? without new pistons/internals etc. all i want is a quick street car ...... no 11 second bad ass.......

my boss has an old IHI turbo(off of the 80's Tbird T-coupes) sitting in his garage.... would this be ideal for the motor? where exactly do you think it will spool, and fall on its face? i would like the turbo to spool rather early in the RPM range (id like the power there throughout the gears much like vtec)

what kind of fuel system would i need to run small amounts of boost (4-6psi)?

any suggestions would be great

Chris

ok, IMO i wouldnt boost on stock internals, but if thats what you want then go for it...next im not sur eif its possible to lower ur c/r without new pistons/internal work...im not sure on what that turbo's specs are....but u dont want too much power in the beginning of ur power band, all ull do is spin ur tires for the first three gears...i would buy a medium sized turbo for more top end power (im guessing ur a drag/street guy not auto-x)...as far as fuel systems go, visit www.hondata.com look into their tunable ecu's...they can read boost and thats what ull need for 6 psi or any more...u could run low 14's high 13's with a decent intercooled set up..good luck

alot of guys in my area are boosting on stock internals.... any reasons as to why? i mean im only wanting to run a few pounds of boost...

BTW, i always forget to mention this..... i live up here in colorado.... so high altitude must be takin into effect....

I'll see what i can do to get the specs on the IHI turbo to help you get a better picture.....

Also, im pretty much into it all, street/track/X.... i just kind of want an all around car that isnt a boost queen.... a 14 second car would be alright with me......

also, will a VAFC be something i could use to tune the fuel system enough for the low boost? any pump size recomendations?, FPR?,injectors..... and money is a problem so, best bang for the buck....

the motor runs somewhere in the low 16's all motor up here with no air.....

Chris

you can boost 4 to 6 on stock everything except ecu youll need it tuned just so your car doesnt run like shit also on stock b series internals you can completely and safly run 11 pounds by changing your injectors and the ecu thing again so i say go for it and enjoy it

you can boost 4 to 6 on stock everything except ecu youll need it tuned just so your car doesnt run like shit also on stock b series internals you can completely and safly run 11 pounds by changing your injectors and the ecu thing again so i say go for it and enjoy it

This thread is six years old, retard. Next time, check the dates before you hit "reply" please...

Back