A Few Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91CRXDX

Alright for my 16th birthday my pops bought me a 1991 CRX DX. Every one says that the DX is the poor mans ride but oh well. Gotta get what you can get. So any way... I am planing on making it alittle more respectable. The best way to achive this? Power B) I am planing on a b16 swap, now i know that my D seriese tranny wont link with the motor. But here is the twist i wana keep my car an automatic. The reason for this is, You cant out shift an auto. And another question i have are there any stall speeds, shift kits or torque converters made for the b16? I also wana find out if there is an auto tranny that will mesh with the b16? What type of wiring harness am i going to need because i know the DX dosnt have multipoint fuel injection. I am not looking for a super fast engine. Just beter then my d15 :( If you can help me with any of these questions let me know. Thanks in advance Sweet site by the way. Take it easy every one.

e-mail me at rivan_17@hotmail.com

thanks agian

Here goes some more B16 talk again :ghey: and i dont know about any automatic upgrades. Maybe you should email holley for stall speed converters and such? But you can easily outshift an automatic B16.....maybe not an automatic "camero" with 454 auto 4 speed, but ya a B16.

I know it sucks that i dont have enough money to get a b18 or an h22. So your not to sure if i can get an auto to link with a b16? Thanks for the comments though. So what is the price diffrence between the b16 and b18 cause i havnt looked into a b18 almost at all. Thanks agian for the comments. Later drive safe.

P.S.

Sorry you think that b16 is so gay. I am only 16 btw if so i dont get a full time job to buy a sweeter engine i wish i could but you know i cant.

a honda automatic will NEVER perform. period.

that, and even if your car is some what speedy down the line, everyone will laugh at you.

that, and honda automatic's blow ass.

and if you can't out shift an aoutmatic, you need to practice.

Not out shift an automatic?Huh,what?Oh you mean factory recommended shift points,like the little annoying shift light in my vx that says shift at 2400 rpms.Since an automatic gets it name from automaticly shifting gears for you then you are bound by what Honda thought was right,and sometimes that is the wrong answer.

You know what never mind. It wasnt like i was askin for a site that sells High prefomance trannys Sorry i even asked. You guys can keep your sight. Im glad every one was so damn nice to me makes me wana tune hondas. But like i said keep your little site asses.

Originally posted by 91CRXDX@Jan 22 2003, 11:10 PM
You know what never mind. It wasnt like i was askin for a site that sells High prefomance trannys Sorry i even asked. You guys can keep your sight. Im glad every one was so damn nice to me makes me wana tune hondas. But like i said keep your little site asses.

No need to get all bent dude,autos suck not our fault.

i will answer your question as much as possible.

In japan, the b16 came in standard and automatic. The problems with automatics in hondas

a. The automatic engines came with very shitty cams = about 140 crank hp (lose ~ 20 hp with those cams)
b. The automatics rob you of power, (lose minimum 10% more power than what you would with a manual)
c. Hondas gearing sucks in their automatics, horrible acceleration

With all the power being robed from you, your going to get about 100-110 hp at the wheels. Just do an auto-manual conversion and then get a manual b16, you'll actually get 160 from the crank, about 140 to the wheels

Alright thanks man i appreciate it. Sorry about the last few posts my asshole roomate got on my computer and decided to be a dick. I already chewed him out. But thank you agian. I really am sorry bout all the rudeness. Take it easy every one. And my self i think this is a pretty damn informative site. Take it easy every one.

noooooooo....the HF is the poor man's ride. the DX is the cheap man's ride :D

by the way, if you add a cold air intake, hi-flow exhaust and headers to your dx, it will actually be somewhat quick and sound cool too.

Back