A few quick questions (b18c1 into 96 hatch)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BertMcGert

So im starting to gather parts for my gsr swap. Im an autotech in a smalltown getting parts for anything takes at least a day so i need to have absolutley everything on hand when i start the swap. I will be starting the swap on a weekend and hopefully have it running and test driving the same weekend. The only thing i havent been able to find clear info on is what axles i use for this swap. Ive searched the forums and I cant find jack. Also has anyone used these guys for the wiring harness Rywire - Online Store yeah i know i could do it myself but i like plug and play. On a side note the benefits of being an autotech are great I get all my parts at cost and i have a fully equiped shop with a drive on lift and a two post lift at my disposal, not to mention every tool known to man. ^_^ Any help will be greatly apreciated.

One other question. Ive heard the intake on the b18c1 makes it a bit difficult to install in an ek. Ive thought about going to an aftermarket intake such as skunk2. Will that throw a cel due to the ecu not being able to open the highrpm butterfiles in the intake? or is this controlled in another fashion such as vacuum?

yea its all by vaccuum so it wont through a code,,i took the butterflys out in my h22a

I was not tryin to sound like a newb on the previous post. Im a former dsm guy and im not to familiar with some of the honda stuff. Just wanted to make sure the butterflies werent ecu controlled like on the jdm cyclone 4g63 in an eclipse. DSM=Dog S$%t Manufacturing, sure it will be fast but you will spend more time working on it than you will driving it. I probably spent more money in a year replacing broken or badly manufactured parts on my dsm than i paid for my hatch total.

its cool, a buddy of mine has a dsm with a shepperd tranny and goodies, its fast as hell,

A bit off topic but i just noticed in you profile than you have an s12. LOL i just picked one up the other day 84 turbo hatch. Not many people have them they are fun as hell too. I got mine for free, gonna be a drift car, its aready a rustbucket and it needs an alternator and a battery. I decided to drive it anyway, put a jump battery under the hood and bungeed it down. Well the bungee decied to break when i hit second and the hinges broke and sent the hood flyin. My neighbors were pissed lol.

yea there sweet i just bought a silvia motor for mine its also a turbo hatch, there hard to find but there starting to gain intrest

You can use any B Series Axles ive put a gsr in my 98 ek coupe. You will need the timing belt mount from a SI or get the full kit. Also need a GSR throttle cable. I never had a problem with my intake and its stock

Back