A few small problems with my eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So i got a few things that have been annoying me on my egg...
My car: 92 civic cx, b16 trans, b20 block, gsr head

-After my car sits for awhile (or once the tranny cools) and i try to drive my car it is hard to put it into first gear when at a complete stop, i have to basically muscle it in, I don't know if this has anything to do with it but i think part of the reason is my short shifter..but idk What you guys think? Maybe some synchro mesh?

Also when I push on the brakes to slow down, if coming from higher speeds and holding the pedal for awhile, it begins to sink/loose pressure, its does not loose pressure fastly, just when applying breaks heavily and it looses a little pressure...idk what this could mean, maybe a leak? or do i need to bleed something?

thanks,
Josh

Did they put the proper amount of gear oil in? I hope you didnt buy transmission fluid...

As for your brake system situation, a sinking pedal is usually an idication of air in the system. Usually when it does that at higher speeds only, I inspect the master cylinder first, than bleed the lines and see if it still does the same.

Last edited:
I always put 5W-30 motor oil in my 5-speed D-series tranny and it shifts smoother than when it had the Honda MTF that was in the old tranny when I bought it.

Back